eye photos on my own

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:22 pm it gives me something to do Andy
Carry on doing what your doing George. It’s still good seeing your photos.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

Andy think i know the problem will see next photos this eye is from the bird with a damaged wing the owner did not claim it but also did not tell me what distance suited it i will go on how it handles Andy will go on the eye
Attachments
P1040822 (2).JPG
P1050599.JPG
George and Morgan

just cannot get rid off the flash
Attachments
P1050616.JPG
George and Morgan

just spoken with the camera shop i'm using a booth i need to shine a lamp down through the top then don't need the flash
i hope lol
George and Morgan

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:36 pm just cannot get rid off the flash
this is eye off a different hen
Trev

😀👍 10 out of 10 for perseverance and entertainment George 😂 I think you are doing a pretty good job mate, hopefully you will get the flash issue sorted. I agree with Andy and do enjoy seeing your photos and these kinds of threads provide a good insight and some useful information for the new starters and even some of us with a little more experience 👍
There are some nice looking eyes there George, Andy may well put me right but I personally think the bird with the injured wing will be a good short to middle distance bird but I don't think she would be a long distance racer, the Iris is a bit flat whereas a distance bird usually has far more ridges. It could just be the photo of course but if you look at the second eye in this thread I would say that was more of a distance eye.
Andy

Trev wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:36 pm 😀👍 10 out of 10 for perseverance and entertainment George 😂 I think you are doing a pretty good job mate, hopefully you will get the flash issue sorted. I agree with Andy and do enjoy seeing your photos and these kinds of threads provide a good insight and some useful information for the new starters and even some of us with a little more experience 👍
There are some nice looking eyes there George, Andy may well put me right but I personally think the bird with the injured wing will be a good short to middle distance bird but I don't think she would be a long distance racer, the Iris is a bit flat whereas a distance bird usually has far more ridges. It could just be the photo of course but if you look at the second eye in this thread I would say that was more of a distance eye.
I couldn’t start to evaluate the distance a bird would fly on it’s eyesign Trev. The basket is the only way to do this in my opinion. Either by testing the pigeon itself, which of course in the instance George can’t, or by testing it’s offspring. Of course if you know the family or breeding behind the bird you can have some idea on what distance it should be capable of. With the hen with the damaged wing the only way to evaluate her is by breeding from her and testing the offspring. I use the eyesign to evaluate the breeding potential of a bird.
Andy

I do still think that you do need a good light rather than a flash George.
My evaluation of the breeding potential for the one with the damaged wing I’m afraid isn’t great. The inner circle is wide and well serrated but full of dark shading. To full to be able to absorb anymore. The iris is rather full and flat. The violet circle of colouration can’t be seen at all in the bottom half of the eye.
The other eye is a completely different proposition. Although this one too has a full inner circle of dark shading it is better than the other one. The big difference with this one is the iris. It is well broken allowing the violet circle of colouration to show through in much of the eye. The iris that can be seen is quite raised. I would say that the breeding potential of this eye is much better than the eye from the bird with the damaged wing. The pupil is quite large in this eye but could be due to the lack of light.
George and Morgan

what has pissed me off i went out of my way to collect the bird from a vet he thanked me untill i was told it would never fly again i said it was here then ever he wanted it but got no reply i asked what distance would the bird be best at and again no reply i would think 250-350 mls he has had good success in the nationals
George and Morgan

what i like to go on is the wing knuckle in the bird with damage it do feel high in a distance bird it should be very flat
Attachments
1i06qx.jpg