Channel racing ???

Post your club / fed news in here.
Andy

Last year I resigned from the NFC, BBC & BICC as all these were only doing channel races which apart from Guernsey would mean me having to get a CPH number and have a vet visit that would have to be paid for. The marking stations were miles away and the birdage price was high. I remained a member of the CSCFC as they were going to have a North road program as well as a South road one. As it turned out they only had 2 short North road races along with the South road ones. They have just announced today their race program for next year. They are only going over the channel. So this evening I have handed in my resignation.
These clubs are trying to amalgamate some of their races which although will reduce their costs it also means less races. In the races where they are joining if your a member of more than one you will be able to duplicate them back into the other clubs at a cost. I’m not sure I agree with this. It gives a false impression of the number of birds entered, makes the cost of sending each pigeon a lot higher and means that one pigeon could win more than one race. Or worse still win one and be well down the list in another.
With the numbers now being sent I can’t see any sense of achievement in winning a section where there is less members and birds sent than in our combine and sometimes even our club. I’m afraid for me that all these national clubs have lost all their appeal.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

What a shame Andy but sadly what you have said is all to true
Murray

Buster121 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:32 am What a shame Andy but sadly what you have said is all to true
Yes, yes it is. With the way the way the world is going, uncertainty and constant change will be the norm.
It's only pigeon racing, but you must look ahead. The future for you blokes is inland racing. Otherwise you are looking at disappointment and spending lots of money for no reward.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Devo1956

The way it has been going over the past few years, I think inland racing has been very testing in some races, With cost involved sticking to the inland races, will be the way forward. Maybe for the distance flyers, just one National club for those wanting to take part.
Andy

I used to enjoy the sprint/middle distance races but had decided when coming back into the sport that with less time available that I would concentrate more on the distance races and aim at just 2 or 3 big races a year. But since all the restrictions on channel racing, and certainly since joining the Glastonbury club, I’m going to go back to concentrating on the shorter races. I can race every week and as I’ll know roughly each week when they are due back I can be out watching them return.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.