is this for real

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:02 pm no Dev not crossing keeping them separate i'm happy they have been raced
Ok mate, good luck on the breeding, will you send any youngsters to olr next year.?
George and Morgan

don't think so Dev there all crooks
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:13 pm don't think so Dev there all crooks
Some are ok but think in the main they just after the money
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:13 pm don't think so Dev there all crooks
Ok mate, i just thought you might have sent some youngsters. To a Olr to see what you have.
George and Morgan

no Dev don't trust them and looking at the auctions trust them less google premier olr auction who owns what and who bids
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:44 pm no Dev don't trust them and looking at the auctions trust them less google premier olr auction who owns what and who bids
Where there is money George, it changes the whole game mate. In every sport around the world.
DarkPiedCock
Great Britain

I wouldn't trust any of them!
Living in Brighton & Sunny Sussex.
Buster121

OLR are good in a way as they let people who for whatever reason race that cannot normally do it from home etc
Andy

I do agree with you there Buster. I don’t think they prove anything as far as the pigeons are concerned but is interesting for those involved. They are good in the way the races are covered with cameras and timings.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Having read all of your posts on here there is a lot to agree and disagree with but it again shows that there are so many different ideas in this sport.
I'm not a massive fan of OLRs and personally wouldn't enter any but I think in principle they are a good idea as there are fanciers out there who wouldn't be able to race pigeons any other way and I think there will more and more like that in the future. I do think they are very financially driven but sadly that is becoming the case throughout the pigeon world in general and as Dev said pretty much every other sport too. I do think it is ridiculous the price people will pay for pigeons and some of the Auctions do look a bit dubious and are probably used to promote that particular OLR as much as any thing. I don't quite get how the bird that comes first is so much better than many of the others when in most of the races its just down to which bird goes through the trap quickest as so many arrive together 🤔 I do think these races whether trainers or not do give some idea as to the quality of the birds, after all if you were training your own birds regularly in preparation for racing you would get some idea of which birds are showing promise and which are unlikely to make the grade. As for the pedigrees I do agree with Dev and do like them as a guide for my pairings but also know that they don't guarantee success, the one thing you can be pretty certain of is that because of the cost involved in entering these races the pigeons up for grabs at the end are going to be out of each fanciers best pigeons so if you are after trying to add quality to your loft on a budget you could easily pick up some very good pigeons cheap and at least these birds are flown opposed to spending a lot of money on great, great grandchildren off of birds that had their day years ago and who's actual parents have never even flown out of o loft let alone been raced.
Jmo