Different system of what to feed.

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Devo1956

The racing system, around the likes of Germany,Holland and Belguim is promoted much better There is a lot of promotion of the top brands on nutrition, the top brands have their own farms to produce different food mix for the racing world. And i do mean the racing world, people travel to these places because it is promoted to being the best place to buy.
Its all about the promotion of the Brand, You can look how PIPA auctions , has moved along over the past years.

https://www.versele-laga.com/en/gb/for- ... ng-pigeons
George and Morgan

good on you Dev tell what you think of his post
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Devo1956 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:48 am The racing system, around the likes of Germany,Holland and Belguim is promoted much better There is a lot of promotion of the top brands on nutrition, the top brands have their own farms to produce different food mix for the racing world. And i do mean the racing world, people travel to these places because it is promoted to being the best place to buy.
Its all about the promotion of the Brand, You can look how PIPA auctions , has moved along over the past years.

https://www.versele-laga.com/en/gb/for- ... ng-pigeons
Yes agree with you
But most are hype,
Really hyped up over rated rubbish but well documented pedigrees.
NeilA

Anthony webster wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:33 pm Big question
Why do uk flyers listen to German, Dutch, Belgium flyers
Iv watched alot of them on utube and there birds returning from races and 90 percent of them are absolutely useless there the worse trapping n worse managed teams iv ever seen and some of these lofts sell pigeons for fortunes in auctions,
Now you want to see well managed and top flyers watch the flyers in florida in spring hills and unit 9 I think it's called there birds land direct on ets pads because the results are over in seconds,
Again the south african flyers are very good and there vets are light years ahead of other pigeon vets,
This is my opinion OK lads.
Hi Anthony
Your right this last week or so I have looked at a few you tube things and there trapping is poor, if it’s in a competitive area it would lose you the race even in my little fed that kind of trapping will cost you fed positions. I lost the combine with better trap than most of them and I thought I had a disaster trap
It also gets me when you see birds finish like butterflies I always think your club must be shit
Anthony webster
Great Britain

NeilA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:42 pm
Iv watched alot of them on utube and there birds returning from races and 90 percent of them are absolutely useless there the worse trapping n worse managed teams iv ever seen and some of these lofts sell pigeons for fortunes in auctions,
Now you want to see well managed and top flyers watch the flyers in florida in spring hills and unit 9 I think it's called there birds land direct on ets pads because the results are over in seconds,
Again the south african flyers are very good and there vets are light years ahead of other pigeon vets,
Hi Anthony
Your right this last week or so I have looked at a few you tube things and there trapping is poor, if it’s in a competitive area it would lose you the race even in my little fed that kind of trapping will cost you fed positions. I lost the combine with better trap than most of them and I thought I had a disaster trap
It also gets me when you see birds finish like butterflies I always think your club must be shit
Neil you know the score pal
If birds ain't roof top height racing to the board you are not winning fed,
When I see birds up high gliding in on these utube videos doing laps of honour they would not win here and are managed very poor and in my opinion way over fed and just homing not racing home.
Andy

Anthony webster wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:33 pm
NeilA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:42 pm
Hi Anthony
Neil you know the score pal
If birds ain't roof top height racing to the board you are not winning fed,
When I see birds up high gliding in on these utube videos doing laps of honour they would not win here and are managed very poor and in my opinion way over fed and just homing not racing home.
That was on3 of the problems I have had recently. My birds were on open loft and on natural and allowed to do what they wanted. They wouldn’t be far behind but I felt that they were just homing and not racing. Which wasn’t quite so bad when I was aiming at the long distance races but now I going back to sprint racing I can’t afford for them to home when they want to. Which is partly why I have gone back to widowhood. Things are much more regimental now.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
wynands56

best pigeons are here in the uk and ireland jmo
MIL

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:23 pm A very good product, and not a bad price. Dosto Oregano Feed oil 3% 19,00 €

The thing is this is run by top vets,

https://www.schroeder-tollisan.com/care-plan/?lang=en

I used to use this each week when racing ;)
MIL

I think the Continentals are vastly superior to us when it comes to the marketing and promtion of their birds

I also think that their feeds and "some" of their products are superior to ours - although you can find reasonably priced alternatives if you're smart

Vets - I've little trust in any of the UK vets that I've had contact with (I'm being polite there)

In terms of "racing" the very best of the Europeans we can learn something from, but plenty of the finest UK men have taken the cream of the continent (and in my opinion) made them a potentially even better pigeon
Andy

MIL wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:59 pm I think the Continentals are vastly superior to us when it comes to the marketing and promtion of their birds

I also think that their feeds and "some" of their products are superior to ours - although you can find reasonably priced alternatives if you're smart

Vets - I've little trust in any of the UK vets that I've had contact with (I'm being polite there)

In terms of "racing" the very best of the Europeans we can learn something from, but plenty of the finest UK men have taken the cream of the continent (and in my opinion) made them a potentially even better pigeon
Think it’s very difficult to compare the continental pigeons with UK pigeons. The terrain is very different. They haven’t got any water to cross. They more often than not fly with a tail wind. They can fly into the dark with flat ground and a lighter sky.

I wouldn’t bother with vets, UK or Continental. If a pigeon isn’t well it is better disposed of as obviously has a poor immune system. I never treat for anything. I was in dairy farming for 25 years with up to 600 cows. Rarely used a vet with them. Only if really needed and I couldn’t do anything myself.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.