Different system of what to feed.

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Devo1956

Well I have been asking Christoph from Germany, a couple of Questions. of his feeding system.

Hello George...😉 I also know John Gerad and he and I have met a few times in Kassel, he is/was a good friend of Robin Schröder.. pigeon photography... our travel system is the one from the company Tollisan Schröder... e.g. youngster trip at the beginning of July there is a 5 day combination mix with TOLLAMYN and immediately afterwards 5 pigeons with broncho Sprint and TOLLAMYN... about 1 week before the first rv flight we start with the system. Saturday flight day in the water combination mix / TOLLAMYN if there was a difficult flight Nano comes with it. Sunday and Monday Dost 12% and Tuesday and Wednesday then Quick Iodine and then Thursday... TOLLAMYN only if it is a heavy flight / warm or head wind then Nano comes along with NO products in the food... on the day of use You get around 1 p.m. then 50% hemp and 50% peeled sunflower seeds. We leave that for about 1 hour, you can eat as much as you want in the hour, that's it. Greetings. Christopher

In 2024 we will then install 2 products from Röhnfried in the system: Carnie Speed ​​and Rotosal. We will only use these 2 products on the day of use and over the hemp and sunflower seeds so that the pigeons can take on the hemp etc... These 2 products are intended to give the pigeons even more speed. We are firmly convinced that the travel experiences will improve again with more early prizes... In 2023, SPIEKER will achieve 1st prize 4 times and 2nd prize twice with the system on 6 youngster flights Of course, in 2024 we want to do 6 x 1 out of 6 possible in the rv
Devo1956

The art of breeding?

Yes, a good question, of course we try to mate the best together to try to get top pigeons, but I also think it depends on how the ancestors were in breeding and traveling and what siblings brought...tops too Breeders all over the world have to breed hundreds of youngsters a year in order to possibly get a hand of good ones... of course, these days I think there are no bad pigeons anymore, every breeder has good ones, but of course he also has to have some knowledge of racing pigeons. .. medication... by-products.. training.. sheep facility... feeding and final feeding... everything taken into account. The bottom line is that every breeder has it in his own hands whether he flies well... that's why we attach great importance to the breeding pigeons and of course try to get the best... the price of a pigeon doesn't matter as long as it helps us in breeding... and in sales. Greetings. Chris
Andy

Some interesting points there Dev. Never heard of any of the feed his talking about. Apart from Hemp & sunflower hearts. Obviously a German product. On the breeding it’s interesting that he expects to only get a handful of good ones from hundreds bred. The biggest trouble for the average fancier they don’t have the space to either keep enough breeders to produce hundreds or the space to keep the youngsters. They obviously think that there isn’t a lot of difference between what fanciers breed but how they are treated.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:47 pm Some interesting points there Dev. Never heard of any of the feed his talking about. Apart from Hemp & sunflower hearts. Obviously a German product. On the breeding it’s interesting that he expects to only get a handful of good ones from hundreds bred. The biggest trouble for the average fancier they don’t have the space to either keep enough breeders to produce hundreds or the space to keep the youngsters. They obviously think that there isn’t a lot of difference between what fanciers breed but how they are treated.
Yes Andy. very good products he talks about. but like we know it, at a cost but that is for the flyers themselves to decide. What is the best for their birds, I do like the Sunflower seeds and hemp before the basket for the race. But like we say everyone to their own.
Andy

I use peanuts and sunflower hearts. Or more precisely Roxanna gives them the hearts lol. They are both very good to use as tit bits to make the birds friendly and they are good instant source of energy and protein.
Buster121

Don't use any extras now Andy if you look on Tollisan site you will see all the products there they do them at the shows as well
Devo1956

Just for the members to read up on these products, which have been spoken on the topic.

https://www.schroeder-tollisan.com/products/?lang=en
Devo1956

A very good product, and not a bad price. Dosto Oregano Feed oil 3% 19,00 €

The thing is this is run by top vets,

https://www.schroeder-tollisan.com/care-plan/?lang=en
Andy

Thanks for all the information Dev. Some interesting reading.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Big question
Why do uk flyers listen to German, Dutch, Belgium flyers
Iv watched alot of them on utube and there birds returning from races and 90 percent of them are absolutely useless there the worse trapping n worse managed teams iv ever seen and some of these lofts sell pigeons for fortunes in auctions,
Now you want to see well managed and top flyers watch the flyers in florida in spring hills and unit 9 I think it's called there birds land direct on ets pads because the results are over in seconds,
Again the south african flyers are very good and there vets are light years ahead of other pigeon vets,
This is my opinion OK lads.