Eye operation

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

Murray wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:16 pm
Andy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:36 pm
Murray wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:27 pm Your health system is very broken , isn't it. I had a CT scan on my lungs the other day. Catherine had a Doctors appointment at 10 am, came home and said I had an appointment at 2.30 that afternoon. Went to the hospital, was in a done and out by 3.00pm.
That's pretty good.
But do you have to pay for it there or via health insurance or is it paid for by the state? If paying private here you can get treatment easy enough.
Agree with Buster though. Our national health service is in trouble because of the amount of immigrants coming in to use it because it’s free. The system is very much abused.
On the public health. I never had health insurance, i worked and paid tax for many years to help pay for the health system.
Obviously better looked after over there than here Murray.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:25 am Ange had her appointment yesterday to have hers done 1pm Monday, less than an hour later back on phone to cancel it going to be another few weeks now
Very frustrating for you both mate 🤬😔
Hopefully they will get it done for her next time 🤞🤞
Trev

I do agree that we have big problems with our NHS but refuse to bad mouth it (partly because my wife works for it lol), but I still think we are very lucky to have the NHS that we do have and generally for serious illness they are still very efficient.
It is frustrating though when you are waiting on a massive list only to see people who have never paid into our NHS taking priority, but sadly that's where our whole system whether its benefits, housing or medical care falls down 😡🤬😡
I've decided to use some of my pension to get my hernia repaired repaired privately as the wait is far too long through the NHS which does stick in the throat a bit as I've spent 40+ years paying into the NHS.
Buster121

Trev wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:55 pm I do agree that we have big problems with our NHS but refuse to bad mouth it (partly because my wife works for it lol), but I still think we are very lucky to have the NHS that we do have and generally for serious illness they are still very efficient.
It is frustrating though when you are waiting on a massive list only to see people who have never paid into our NHS taking priority, but sadly that's where our whole system whether its benefits, housing or medical care falls down 😡🤬😡
I've decided to use some of my pension to get my hernia repaired repaired privately as the wait is far too long through the NHS which does stick in the throat a bit as I've spent 40+ years paying into the NHS.
Trev I don't think anyone was bad mouthing it, I was just stating facts as they are mate, why should you or anyone else have to pay private treatment this is what we are supposed to be paying for through our NI contributions
Devo1956

Buster121 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:15 pm
Trev wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:55 pm I do agree that we have big problems with our NHS but refuse to bad mouth it (partly because my wife works for it lol), but I still think we are very lucky to have the NHS that we do have and generally for serious illness they are still very efficient.
Trev I don't think anyone was bad mouthing it, I was just stating facts as they are mate, why should you or anyone else have to pay private treatment this is what we are supposed to be paying for through our NI contributions
To be honest, the problem with our NHS, it is an open door. People come from all over the world and use it for free. When i went to Hong Kong and China, i had to pay £90,00 for a visa, i have been staying this for years. WE should charge a visa entry to the UK, and all the money goes direct to NHS.
Buster121

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:41 am
To be honest, the problem with our NHS, it is an open door. People come from all over the world and use it for free. When i went to Hong Kong and China, i had to pay £90,00 for a visa, i have been staying this for years. WE should charge a visa entry to the UK, and all the money goes direct to NHS.
Or better still start charging and collecting payments before treatment starts as the do in Spain, have seen many times people having heart attack and they wont lift a finger to help until the insurance company has authorised it first or failing that make it a totally payable service for all
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:25 pm

Or better still start charging and collecting payments before treatment starts as the do in Spain, have seen many times people having heart attack and they wont lift a finger to help until the insurance company has authorised it first or failing that make it a totally payable service for all
Oh can’t possibly stop those that can’t be bothered to work and choose benefits as a lifestyle choice from getting something else for nothing. 😡😡
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Andy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:41 pm
Buster121 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:25 pm

Oh can’t possibly stop those that can’t be bothered to work and choose benefits as a lifestyle choice from getting something else for nothing. 😡😡
🤣😂 How true Andy.
Trev

Ohhhhh believe you me Buster I have my moans and groans about the NHS, well suppose our country's system/policies really.
As you know I've needed a hip replacement for the past 5 or 6 years, not happening anytime soon but this I am able to live with. I am also in need of a hernia repair, this is needed as it now affects my ability to work. The last communication I've I've recieved from the NHS is do I still require the procedure 🤔😕😡🤬
As the waiting list is so long and I wasn't even likely to get a consultation before the end of December I decided to use some of the pension I cashed in earlier this year to get it fixed privately. This in itself is bloody frustrating as having paid into the system for 40+ years and taken nothing out why should I use money I wanted to enable me a slightly more stress free life instead, but to really rub salt into the wound I have also found out that as I'm self employed I can't even claim SSP during my recovery due to having the pension money in my bank account 🤬🤬🤬
As others have said before we are a very broken country and having rich politicians running it just makes it an even more bitter pill to swallow.
I hope Ange gets her op rescheduled soon mate 🤞🙏🤞
Buster121

What a bummer Trev can't you take the money out for a while so you can claim it, do you not have any insurance that you can claim from being self employed

Angie has had hers cancelled another twice was due again tomorrow but they cancelled it again on Friday afternoon same thing last week, now supposed to be the 27th we wait in anticipation