Eye operation

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:55 pm
Andy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:20 pm
Buster121 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:35 pm Just got back from Angies pre op, they have told her it will be complicated surgery due to the injury and she may have to go back for a further operation after the one she now waiting for
Hope everything goes well for her Steve. It’s amazing what they can do nowadays. Is it the one eye ? I was measured for a glass eye before my operation for the detached retina I had about 12 years ago. They managed to save the eye and although not brilliant I have got limited sight in it. It amazing how you manage to adapt.
Yes mate just the one she had an accident in it over 30 years ago but they kept saying she had to wait until ''ripe'' for op now it looks like they waited to long, and are saying something may crumble after the op they doing which will take minimum 3 hours if any complications will increase, and then after it settled they expect other things to appear like the crumbling of something amongst other things, we just have to wait and see no pun :lol: :lol: what happens, an old workmate of mine has glass eye he used to take it out and scare the women at work, yes it is brilliant what they can do these days
Best wishes to Ange mate, I hope she doesn't have to wait too long now and that all goes well for her 🙏
Buster121

Thanks Trev
Buster121

Ange had her appointment yesterday to have hers done 1pm Monday, less than an hour later back on phone to cancel it going to be another few weeks now
Devo1956

Buster121 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:25 am Ange had her appointment yesterday to have hers done 1pm Monday, less than an hour later back on phone to cancel it going to be another few weeks now
Sorry to hear mate, hope all is well soon.
Murray

:evil:
That is so annoying!
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

Your health system is very broken , isn't it. I had a CT scan on my lungs the other day. Catherine had a Doctors appointment at 10 am, came home and said I had an appointment at 2.30 that afternoon. Went to the hospital, was in a done and out by 3.00pm.
That's pretty good.
Buster121

Murray wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:27 pm Your health system is very broken , isn't it. I had a CT scan on my lungs the other day. Catherine had a Doctors appointment at 10 am, came home and said I had an appointment at 2.30 that afternoon. Went to the hospital, was in a done and out by 3.00pm.
That's pretty good.
Very broken indeed, it doesn't help when we have a 1000+ people coming in illegally almost every week plus all the ones coming from the war torn middle east etc for medical treatment and now they want to bring all the injured from Gaza to be treated and housed here

You are very lucky indeed with your health service
Andy

Murray wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:27 pm Your health system is very broken , isn't it. I had a CT scan on my lungs the other day. Catherine had a Doctors appointment at 10 am, came home and said I had an appointment at 2.30 that afternoon. Went to the hospital, was in a done and out by 3.00pm.
That's pretty good.
But do you have to pay for it there or via health insurance or is it paid for by the state? If paying private here you can get treatment easy enough.
Agree with Buster though. Our national health service is in trouble because of the amount of immigrants coming in to use it because it’s free. The system is very much abused.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy we pay for it in our national insurance and a lot of these medical insurances would be cheaper than NI, I also read this morning 1300 or 1600 come in from Bangladesh and Sudan on forged papers to enroll in our universities then after couple months claim asylum
Murray

Andy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:36 pm
That's pretty good.
But do you have to pay for it there or via health insurance or is it paid for by the state? If paying private here you can get treatment easy enough.
Agree with Buster though. Our national health service is in trouble because of the amount of immigrants coming in to use it because it’s free. The system is very much abused.
On the public health. I never had health insurance, i worked and paid tax for many years to help pay for the health system.