Eye operation

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

I had to go for my laser surgery today. I lost a fair bit of sight in my right eye after a detached retina about 12 years ago. I’ve had a few treatments on that eye and have a bit of sight but not very clear. I had a cataract on my left eye a little while ago which was done around 2 years ago. The vision in this eye has been getting steadily worse over the past year. I went to my opticians and they told me that sometimes after cataract surgery you can get a thickening of the capsular at the back of the eye. I was referred for laser treatment back in June. Since then my sight has got progressively worse. It has been quite blurred lately. I went to Dorchester hospital this morning for treatment. I did drive myself, an hours drive, although they had said that I shouldn’t drive 🤫. The surgeon said that from examination there had been quite a bit of deterioration.
So he done the laser treatment which involved making a small hole in the capsular at the back of the eye to allow more light to get to the retina. The laser treatment took all of about 5 minutes. Straight after the surgery my sight was much better. I drove home easier than I had driven there 😂🤣. It is surprising and fantastic what they can do nowadays. I also realise now how bad my sight had got.
I have got to be a bit careful over the next few days and there is a slight risk that I could have problems but hopefully all will be fine.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Pleased to see all went well, naughty naughty driving like that, hope you get a speedy recovery mate you never know you may get better results now as you will be able to see what birds you sending :lol: :lol: only joking mate

Angie has her pre op 9am Saturday
George and Morgan

yes Andy hope all goes well i can't drive now real problem
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:05 pm Pleased to see all went well, naughty naughty driving like that, hope you get a speedy recovery mate you never know you may get better results now as you will be able to see what birds you sending :lol: :lol: only joking mate

I hope it all goes well for Angie.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:42 pm
Buster121 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:05 pm Pleased to see all went well, naughty naughty driving like that, hope you get a speedy recovery mate you never know you may get better results now as you will be able to see what birds you sending :lol: :lol: only joking mate

I hope it all goes well for Angie.
Thanks mate
Devo1956

I hope all goes well for Angie, i hope she recovers well.
Buster121

Devo1956 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:12 pm I hope all goes well for Angie, i hope she recovers well.
Thanks Dev, sorry for hijacking your post Andy
Murray

Pleased to hear that went well, Andy.
And best wishes to Angie, too. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Devo1956

Hope all is well Andy, you will be able to see your winners arriving.
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:35 am
Devo1956 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:12 pm I hope all goes well for Angie, i hope she recovers well.
Thanks Dev, sorry for hijacking your post Andy
No problem Steve. I hope Angie gets good results. I can’t believe the difference in the colours around me this morning and the sharpness of things. I can make out things in the garden that I haven’t been able to pick out. Hopefully results will be as good for Angie.