Loft alterations

Topics relating to construction or maintenance of your loft, boxes and pigeon equipment
Trev

You were lucky with the perspex then Andy, my birds actually shattered one of mine when I first put them in 😕
The trap looks good bruv, it's the same as I did for mine, it certainly made a difference to my clocking in but not necessarily my trapping lol.
Being old school I'm not sure that it's right though as some birds clock in without actually trapping which in my head defeats the object a bit, but the rules say that as long as the pad is within the loft once the loft is closed it's fine.
Andy

Finally got the new aviary that I made fitted onto the front of the young bird section today.
IMG_3220.jpeg
IMG_3221.jpeg
IMG_3222.jpeg
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Looks ok mate will help them a lot
Murray

The man is also a cabinet maker in his spare time.........
Greetings from the land down under. :D
NeilA

Trev wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am You were lucky with the perspex then Andy, my birds actually shattered one of mine when I first put them in 😕
The trap looks good bruv, it's the same as I did for mine, it certainly made a difference to my clocking in but not necessarily my trapping lol.
Being old school I'm not sure that it's right though as some birds clock in without actually trapping which in my head defeats the object a bit, but the rules say that as long as the pad is within the loft once the loft is closed it's fine.
I think it’s allowed and changed because technically stall traps are outside and the bird is not in the loft
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:53 pm Finally got the new aviary that I made fitted onto the front of the young bird section today.

IMG_3220.jpeg

IMG_3221.jpeg

IMG_3222.jpeg
Looks good Andy, well done.
They'll enjoy the sunshine in there.
I want to put something like that on my loft for the winter so they can get a bit of a stretch when they are on lockdown through the winter.
Trev

NeilA wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:30 pm
Trev wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am You were lucky with the perspex then Andy, my birds actually shattered one of mine when I first put them in 😕
I think it’s allowed and changed because technically stall traps are outside and the bird is not in the loft
Thats a good point Neil, thanks for that.