Loft alterations

Topics relating to construction or maintenance of your loft, boxes and pigeon equipment
Buster121

Well done Andy top job mate
Devo1956

Taking shape Andy, looking good.
Andy

Have now finished most of my major alterations. Just a few little things to do and the aviary to change on the front of the young bird section, but no hurry for that. I won’t be doing that until the hens have been paired up as they are in there at present. I’ve just got the ETS to put into the naturals section, the windows to put inside the widowhood section, a bit of paint and I’m done.
IMG_3029.jpeg
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

I’ve just noticed that is “Steve” in the front of the widowhood section Buster.
Trev

Great job Andy well done, it's all come together nicely. I'd put something on those perspex windows so the birds don't keep crashing into them like mine did lol 😕😊
Once I've sorted my roof out I wouldn't mind extending mine out the front a bit more, one thing at a time though, it's taken me two years to get on with the roof lol 🤣
I hope all your changes pay dividends for you next season bruv.
Andy

Trev wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:49 pm Great job Andy well done, it's all come together nicely. I'd put something on those perspex windows so the birds don't keep crashing into them like mine did lol 😕😊
Once I've sorted my roof out I wouldn't mind extending mine out the front a bit more, one thing at a time though, it's taken me two years to get on with the roof lol 🤣
There is already a bit of bloom on the polycarbonate after just a couple of days Trev. They seem to be ok with it.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:08 pm I’ve just noticed that is “Steve” in the front of the widowhood section Buster.
He is looking well Andy matured very nicely
Buster121

Trev wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:49 pm Great job Andy well done, it's all come together nicely. I'd put something on those perspex windows so the birds don't keep crashing into them like mine did lol 😕😊
I was thinking same as it is very clear, good to see in though without disturbing them
Andy

I didn’t have any trouble with the birds flying into the fronts. The fronts got a bit of bloom on them quite quickly. I have now fitted the trap. The ETS pad is between two pieces of 6mm ply just behind the bob wires. Last year I had pigeons failing to register last year as they pasted over the pad too quick. With the way it is now I think they will hesitate enough before going through the wires too register.
IMG_3049.jpeg
IMG_3048.jpeg
IMG_3047.jpeg
Buster121

Looking really good mate, well done