Loft alterations

Topics relating to construction or maintenance of your loft, boxes and pigeon equipment
George and Morgan

good news that Andy
Andy

Slowly coming together. Had another couple of hours at it today.
IMG_2777.jpeg
IMG_2778.jpeg
These are the 12 widowhood boxes.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

looking smart Andy
Buster121

Very smart indeed, well done
Trev

Well done Andy, all coming along nicely bruv. It's good to see you with your enthusiasm and keenness back. I'm looking forward to seeing how your birds do for you next season, I've no doubt that they will be well up in the mix 👍😁
Murray

That really looks top class, Andy! The birds will love that.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

After coming back home yesterday from our couple of days away I took a bit more time out today to finish off the widowhood cocks section.
IMG_2971.jpeg
IMG_2974.jpeg
IMG_2977.jpeg
IMG_2978.jpeg
I think I may need to put a bit of wire above the top row of nest boxes to stop any getting up there.
I didn’t put the cocks in there until mid afternoon and some wouldn’t have been in that section before so will take a couple of days to sort themselves out but I’m sure they will soon settle in.
IMG_2980.jpeg
I lined the section out and covered the dowelled door and section partition to keep them from seeing through into the other section. I will probably make windows to stop them getting into the Sputnik when on widowhood but not too worried about that at present. Pleased with the way it’s turned out.
George and Morgan

very well done Andy looks very smart
Buster121

I would be pleased as well, you have done a great job there Andy well done, would it matter if they went on the top just a bit more to scrape off
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:00 am I would be pleased as well, you have done a great job there Andy well done, would it matter if they went on the top just a bit more to scrape off
It wouldn’t matter if the same bird/birds also take a nest box. The problem would be if they took that rather than a nest box. It would make things very difficult when on widowhood where they will be fed in their nest box and the hen would be shut in half the nest box on race day.