Life in Bendigo.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Murray

I was out at my other service station at Inglewood, about 30 miles from Bendigo, when my phone went 'Toooot'.

Message from wife. "Your bloody kitten! He climbed up onto the sputnik and went through the bars into the loft!.
"Luckily I saw him and when I got there he was looking unsure about what to do next!"

The Banjo baby is a bit of a rascal, but the pigeons don't see him as much of a threat. When I called them in tonight, they were all in pronto. :lol:

It does show that while the loft is shut up at night, I have to keep the sputnik closed during the day. This time is was only the Banjo, but if another cat got in, well.... :(

Then there was was the question, why did he all of a sudden become "Your bloody kitten", when he was a rascal?
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

That is my biggest problem. There are a lot of cats around me. Most aren’t a problem and I do have a cat scarer on top of the loft which seems to work. But I have a ginger cat that comes over the fence into the garden. Haven’t seen it for a while but it was back in the garden last night. If it starts coming in again I will have to put my electric fence back out. A belt off of that and it won’t come back for a while.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Murray wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:55 am I was out at my other service station at Inglewood, about 30 miles from Bendigo, when my phone went 'Toooot'.

Message from wife. "Your bloody kitten! He climbed up onto the sputnik and went through the bars into the loft!.
"Luckily I saw him and when I got there he was looking unsure about what to do next!"

The Banjo baby is a bit of a rascal, but the pigeons don't see him as much of a threat. When I called them in tonight, they were all in pronto. :lol:

It does show that while the loft is shut up at night, I have to keep the sputnik closed during the day. This time is was only the Banjo, but if another cat got in, well.... :(

Then there was was the question, why did he all of a sudden become "Your bloody kitten", when he was a rascal?
It is funny how pets and kids become ours when they misbehave lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
As you say though Muzza it does go to show how important it is to shut up the sheds properly over night, we have problems with Mink and Stoats around here but thankfully other than the 3 I lost to the stoat last year I haven't had a problem 🤞🤞 our Mum (who is just across the fields from me) lost all of her chickens some years ago to the stoat, they are anothe of those creatures that kill for fun 😡
Sounds like the birds trust your Banjo 👍 Years ago I had a cat who from a kitten was trained not to touch the birds, the pigeons would quite happily peck around the lawn while the cat walked amongst them. The trouble was they trusted her too much and when a new Tom cat was introduced to the area he not only terrorised my cat but he also killed several of my birds before they started to see other cats as a threat. I would certainly consider getting another cat myself if any cats around here became a problem, thankfully there aren't too many around.
Murray

This afternoon I was out on the patio reading a Wilbur Smith novel, and thought it was about time to let the duifs out.
Olly was asleep on top of the book case.
Flynn was having a snooze in the hall,
007.JPG
There was no sign of the Banjo. We looked and looked and called and called. :shock:
Then I saw a tail sticking out out of the loft into the sputnik. He was in the loft again. When I opened the door he almost leaped into my arms.
"Dad!" he said "I got stuck!".
He must have been in there for a while. He was pretty stressed.
I was a bit worried that it would upset the youngsters. One of the worst things is a cat in your loft.
I need not have worried.
2 hours latter....
007.JPG
I made this to put over the trap bars. It will need to be fastened somehow. The Banjo, he is pretty clever and very determined.
Attachments
006.JPG
Murray

Made this for the sputnik.
002.JPG
Andy

They do seem to have accepted Banjo well. The wire frame looks good.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

have one comes each day to be fed would not trust him with the pigeons but he do keep the mice and rats away
George and Morgan

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:13 am have one comes each day to be fed would not trust him with the pigeons but he do keep the mice and rats away
Attachments
P1020340.JPG
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:57 am Made this for the sputnik.002.JPG
Good job Muzza 👍😀
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:55 am This afternoon I was out on the patio reading a Wilbur Smith novel, and thought it was about time to let the duifs out.
Olly was asleep on top of the book case.
Flynn was having a snooze in the hall,007.JPG
There was no sign of the Banjo. We looked and looked and called and called. :shock:
Then I saw a tail sticking out out of the loft into the sputnik. He was in the loft again. When I opened the door he almost leaped into my arms.
"Dad!" he said "I got stuck!".
He must have been in there for a while. He was pretty stressed.
I was a bit worried that it would upset the youngsters. One of the worst things is a cat in your loft.
I need not have worried.
2 hours latter....007.JPG
I made this to put over the trap bars. It will need to be fastened somehow. The Banjo, he is pretty clever and very determined.
Good photos and an amusing post Muzza, you'd like to think maybe Banjo has learnt his lesson but I somehow doubt that very much 🤣😂
The birds look happy enough mate 👍