Life in Bendigo.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Murray

Yes. when I got home a few minutes later most of them where in the sputnik, the rest were flying loops around the house. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Murray

The other day when I was feeding the pigeons in the stock shed a few of them wandered out and were poking around. I have some plastic tubs where I grow vegetables for the pigeons. Banjo kitten saw the pigeons and using the tubs for cover snuck right up on them, then sprang out, ambushing them.
The pigeons just looked at him then went back to picking around.
You should have seen the look on his face! :lol:
Murray

The first of the sprint races series is this coming Saturday.
On Friday I took all the race birds, cocks and hens, out for a toss. They cleared in a moment and were home well before me.
Took them back on Saturday, went another mile or so, just to show them that they don't always go to the same place. They bunched up, went high and took off.
Yesterday I let them out for a fly and a bath. they never touched the bath, but flew off and on for 2 1/2 hours.
They are as fit as I can make them, jumping out of their skins.
Head wind forecast for Saturday, and being the front marker that will be a help. I will just let them spin around after work for the next four days and marking is on Friday.
All is according to plan at this stage.
Buster121

Great news mate and wish you well for Saturday
Andy

Murray wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:17 am The other day when I was feeding the pigeons in the stock shed a few of them wandered out and were poking around. I have some plastic tubs where I grow vegetables for the pigeons. Banjo kitten saw the pigeons and using the tubs for cover snuck right up on them, then sprang out, ambushing them.
The pigeons just looked at him then went back to picking around.
You should have seen the look on his face! :lol:
😂🤣
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

Murray wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:28 am The first of the sprint races series is this coming Saturday.
On Friday I took all the race birds, cocks and hens, out for a toss. They cleared in a moment and were home well before me.
Took them back on Saturday, went another mile or so, just to show them that they don't always go to the same place. They bunched up, went high and took off.
Yesterday I let them out for a fly and a bath. they never touched the bath, but flew off and on for 2 1/2 hours.
They are as fit as I can make them, jumping out of their skins.
Head wind forecast for Saturday, and being the front marker that will be a help. I will just let them spin around after work for the next four days and marking is on Friday.
All is according to plan at this stage.
Great news Murray. Good luck in the coming race. Look forward to hearing about it. How far is it and how many are you planning on sending?
Murray

It's a 5 race series, all from 65 miles to me.
The last race of the series has an "Iron bird' competition. To qualify for the Iron bird they have to go every week. $1 from the entry fee for every bird for each race goes into the prize for the Iron bird, which is the first qualified pigeon clocked in the last race.
There is also a squeaker valued at Au$700 for the winner and other prizes.
For the lead up races $2 of every entry fee goes to prizes, and I have given a $50 fuel voucher every week. There will be other prizes.
As the nominating member, I can send a team of ten. I can put a 5 bird team in my wife's name, and a neighbour is paying the $20 nomination plus $3 per bird for a 5 bird team.
So we plan to send 20.
It might all go pear shaped. But we can only try. :D
Andy

Sounds interesting. So have you allocated 5 to your wife and 5 to your neighbour and do they get the prizes if their ones win lol.
Murray

Yep, as the nominating person, paying the subscription and entry fees, they will collect any prizes.
It is just a bit of fun, but by the last race there will be a fair bit of money in the kitty for the overall winner.
Buster121

That sounds great Murray, pity they don't try that over here, good luck to all your team mate