Life in Bendigo.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Wishing you well in the new venture mate
Andy

Hope it all goes well for you Murray. Our secretary at Frome is packing up at the end of the year. We’ve then got to decide what we do with the club.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:01 am In a bit of a new development, after several unsettled years among the bendigo pigeon flyers, there has been a split. The old Bendigo Invitation club has reformed.
I asked about joining, was told I am already approved, and they asked if I would be interested in being the secretary. I said "why not?'". So I am. :D
I have done it before, it's not hard.
So that's been an interesting morning.
Good news Muzza 👍🤠👏👏
Good luck mate, I hope all goes well for you.
Looking forward to watching your season unfold 👍
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:07 am Hope it all goes well for you Murray. Our secretary at Frome is packing up at the end of the year. We’ve then got to decide what we do with the club.
That's a shame Andy, you need a club if only to read the clocks off !!!
Andy

We will have to see what happens and what other club members want to do. We could keep the club going. I would be happy to take on the secretary job. I was the secretary of Bodmin when down in Cornwall. Otherwise I could go to Gillingham, which is much closer than Frome anyway.
Murray

Murray wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:35 am Anyway, I think he is a good one.
005.JPG
I have been sooo tempted to train him.
Every time I see David, ( that's several times a week, he is a customer), I ask, "Can I race that pigeon?.
"NO!" he says.
It's a running joke now. :D
I couple of months ago I put this up, the youngster really started to impress me.
About 9 or 10 weeks later,
Heremans.JPG
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

He is a cracker Murray
Murray

I took the cock birds for the first toss since the winter.
12 yearlings, and 2 two year olds.
It always seems strange, on the 1st of August race horses and pigeons have a birthday. So my young birds are now yearlings.
They had been fairly well educated before the winter.
Most of them are paired up, a few of them are on eggs, and others are courting. So I was pleased to see that most of them trapped reasonably quickly on their first go.
When the excitement of that had settled down, I let them all out, and they flew and played for 2 hours before finally all dropping in.
I couldn't be more pleased. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Murray wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:17 am I took the cock birds for the first toss since the winter.
12 yearlings, and 2 two year olds.
It always seems strange, on the 1st of August race horses and pigeons have a birthday. So my young birds are now yearlings.
They had been fairly well educated before the winter.
Most of them are paired up, a few of them are on eggs, and others are courting. So I was pleased to see that most of them trapped reasonably quickly on their first go.
When the excitement of that had settled down, I let them all out, and they flew and played for 2 hours before finally all dropping in.
I couldn't be more pleased. :D
Well done mate
Andy

Well done Murray