Life in Bendigo.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

Hope all goes well with you at the doctors.
I have had a couple of stray youngsters in the last couple of weeks that were obviously early bred and on the darkness system as they have gone through the body moult but haven’t dropped a flight yet. I had one in from the Staddon’s which I am keeping that will be interesting to see how it goes. Mine are later bred and are up on their fifth flights already but haven’t started the body moult yet. Some of mine are pairing up already.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
killer

Best of luck with your health mate ,at the end of the day that’s all that counts ,
Buster121

Hope all goes well Murray

Andy that will be one to watch for sure
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:17 pm Hope all goes well Murray

Andy that will be one to watch for sure
I hope it does better than it did from it’s first training toss. Dave let them go from the race course, about 7 miles from their place. Instead it came into me about half a mile in the opposite direction 🤣😂🤣. I spoke to Dave and he was going to pick it up but then said I could keep it if I wanted. I told him I would just leave it to do what it wanted. Been here ever since, no sign of it going anywhere lol. Ranging with mine now. Quite possibly over their way.
Buster121

Let's hope it does
Murray

That'll be your problem right there!
Went to the doctor last night. he took one listen to my chest and prescribed antibiotics and other stuff.
I have an infection on top of the emphysema and the bronchiectisis. In other words, I am pretty sick.
Why didn't I come sooner, he asked. Because I have been too bloody sick, I said. He couldn't argue with that. :D
I am not feeling any better at all, but I reckon in 48 hours I will be like a new one.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Murray wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:28 am That'll be your problem right there!
Went to the doctor last night. he took one listen to my chest and prescribed antibiotics and other stuff.
I have an infection on top of the emphysema and the bronchiectisis. In other words, I am pretty sick.
Why didn't I come sooner, he asked. Because I have been too bloody sick, I said. He couldn't argue with that. :D
I am not feeling any better at all, but I reckon in 48 hours I will be like a new one.
Hope you are mate, take it easy for a day or two and let the antibiotics do there job
Andy

Not good Murray. Hope you improve soon.
Murray

The youngster from the Staddons can only improve, Andy. :lol:

The state of the wing moult is another thing that I think has a whole lot of superstition and nonsense surrounding it. While you don't want to be sending a pigeon with a big whole where it's 8th and 9th flights should be, to me a pigeon that is well up on it's 6th, 7th or 8th is fine.

I have seen young birds drop 2 flights at once, 6 and 7 for example. Generally it meant they have suddenly hit top form. Maybe they were not quite right. A week later they can be sent and pooled.
Murray

In a bit of a new development, after several unsettled years among the bendigo pigeon flyers, there has been a split. The old Bendigo Invitation club has reformed.
I asked about joining, was told I am already approved, and they asked if I would be interested in being the secretary. I said "why not?'". So I am. :D
I have done it before, it's not hard.
So that's been an interesting morning.