Life in Bendigo.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Murray wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:30 pm I have been not very well..

Sore throat, headache, coughing. Of course I always cough, I have emphysema, so that's nothing new. After a couple of days of this, yesterday i started shivering and shaking and felt terrible, Last evening I had a long hot shower and put myself to bed.

Woke up this morning not exactly rearing to go, but I am ok. Blessed with a good immune system. :D
Speedy recovery wished mate
Murray

Still got a bad cough, or worse than usual, and bringing up a fair bit of muck. Might have an infection as well.
Annoying.
Might have to get it seen to. I am not looking forward to an argument about whether I have Covid. I have lung disease.
These medical people are obsessed with Covid. I was speaking to my dentist last week. He asked if I had my 'booster shot'?. I said I hadn't. He has had 3 and is going to have his forth. I questioned that logic. If 3 have not worked, why will 4? There's hundreds of covid cases in Bendigo every day, nearly all of them are fully vaccinated, or whatever they call fully vaccinated this month. It wears off quickly. They need better vaccines. These ones don't work.
You could see the light bulb go on over his head. It was entertaining. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

In a development which will please some people, now i have totally lost my voice. :lol: All I can do is squeak.

The pigeons are confused. In the morning I go in the loft with the scraper and pan and pick up all the droppings from overnight. Then I get the feed and go back in calling to them, "come on come on come on, tucky tucky tuck tuck tuck' and other inanities.

This morning I was going "squeak...squeak....'. The birds were looking at me like"who are you?" "and where's the Boss?" :D
Murray

I reckon I have had the 'flu. There's a lot of it about, apparently.
I haven't felt this flat for a long time. Not desperately ill, just desperately tired.

My wife arrived home with a Covid test, so I did it. Negative. I thought it would be. When I had Covid 6 months ago it was nothing like this, although it might be different if you catch it again. I have been knocked down harder this time. Covid was just a 24 hour bug.

I would have thought that I would have enough natural immunity to stop getting sick with Covid, after having had it. I hope I have some resistance to the 'flu after this as well.
Andy

Hope you feel better soon Murray.
Don’t want to bring up the subject again but COVID is rife over here at present. Our employee had it a couple of weeks ago. Had had 3 jabs but still knocked her off her feet. Her mother in law is still testing positive after 12 days. Our daughter in law had it a week ago. She previously had it when I did in early December but she was still poorly with it. Worse this time than last.
There are some selfish people out there. We had Glastonbury festival last week, 200,000 people attended the 5 day event. I know of 2 people who went despite testing positive, I bet there was a lot more. No testing was done at the festival. They reckon that the true figures are around 300,000 new cases a day at present.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

That's the problem here too, Andy.
They made a huge song and dance about how everyone will be 'safe' if everyone is vaccinated multiple times. So, nearly everyone did, and assume they were safe. So they do whatever they want, with no concern for others.
Of course 'them upstairs' lied to us. There was absolutely no evidence that their new vaccines would provide strong, long lasting protection. And of course they haven't.
But people are selfish and have short attention spans. They were told to get jabbed, so they did. And as far as they are concerned, the whole thing is over.
I don't doubt there are hundreds of thousands of new cases over there. Even in a one horse town like Bendigo, there's hundreds and hundreds every day. The government have just stopped reporting them.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:27 am I reckon I have had the 'flu. There's a lot of it about, apparently.
I haven't felt this flat for a long time. Not desperately ill, just desperately tired.

My wife arrived home with a Covid test, so I did it. Negative. I thought it would be. When I had Covid 6 months ago it was nothing like this, although it might be different if you catch it again. I have been knocked down harder this time. Covid was just a 24 hour bug.

I would have thought that I would have enough natural immunity to stop getting sick with Covid, after having had it. I hope I have some resistance to the 'flu after this as well.
I hope you are on the mend and feeling better soon mate 👍🤠
All the best.
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:51 am Hope you feel better soon Murray.
Don’t want to bring up the subject again but COVID is rife over here at present. Our employee had it a couple of weeks ago. Had had 3 jabs but still knocked her off her feet. Her mother in law is still testing positive after 12 days. Our daughter in law had it a week ago. She previously had it when I did in early December but she was still poorly with it. Worse this time than last.
There are some selfish people out there. We had Glastonbury festival last week, 200,000 people attended the 5 day event. I know of 2 people who went despite testing positive, I bet there was a lot more. No testing was done at the festival. They reckon that the true figures are around 300,000 new cases a day at present.
Several of our hospitals down here are full to capacity again 😟😟 as you say Andy sadly we have become even more selfish since Covid, it may not be as a big a problem as it was but are still a lot of vulnerable people out there that wouldn't survive if they caught it !!!
Buster121

Trev wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:13 pm
Andy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:51 am Hope you feel better soon Murray.
Several of our hospitals down here are full to capacity again 😟😟 as you say Andy sadly we have become even more selfish since Covid, it may not be as a big a problem as it was but are still a lot of vulnerable people out there that wouldn't survive if they caught it !!!
So true Trev, when away me and Angie were some of the very few who wore masks out and about
Murray

It's been clear but cold day. Very cold wind.
Catherine suggested I should leave the birds in, since they were out yesterday. Not good for me to be out in that freezing wind. I said it's quicker and easier to get them cleaned out with them out of the loft.
So I tipped them all out, rugged up and put my big woolly hat on. While they had a zoom around the place, I did a scrape and sweep, cleaned the drinkers and filled all the feed bowls in the nest boxes.
By then the pigeons had come down, the old ones had put themselves away and the young birds were just messing about. So I got the feed trays and called them in. In they came, happy as anything. They had been out, so all was good.
I said to my darling wife, "See, I told you they are no trouble". :D