Life in Bendigo.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Sounds same as here Murray
Andy

There does seem to be a lot of birds going missing. I know of fanciers that have been training hard and have had a few relatively short races and have been almost wiped out. I haven’t heard of anyone who has started training youngsters yet.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

I think people breed way more youngsters than they ever used to so the percentage lost is potentially going to be greater, I also think that the increasing number of predators out there makes the journey to home much for treacherous for our birds. However I also believe that satellites and radio waves are our biggest nemesis, the skies must be full of signals that completely confuse the birds which is why I think we get such massive time differences in the race results !! Just my thoughts 😁
A lot of our club members have already started training, some for several weeks now !! There has been varying degrees of success with some members losing a lot of birds and some very few. I think we start the old bird season to soon as already members are losing interest in it are more focused on the youngsters.
Buster121

Many true words there Murray
Murray

It's 7.00 am and I just got home. At 6 o'clock I got a call to say the tap on the forecourt at the service station had jammed open and there was water everywhere. Jumped in the car and shot over there. I had to turn the water off at the main valve.
I will have to get a plumber there as soon as possible to replace the tap.
My staff member was very apologetic for dragging me out. I just laughed. That's my job, to keep things going.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
killer

Lucky it wasn’t the pumps spewing out fuel ,
Buster121

killer wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:57 am Lucky it wasn’t the pumps spewing out fuel ,
I'll say so
Murray

killer wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:57 am Lucky it wasn’t the pumps spewing out fuel ,
Can't really happen.
The pump has to be authorised by the console operator before it will work. In the event of a nozzle falling out of a vehicle, the STOP ALL button can stop the whole forecourt in a moment.
That is why they removed the locking devices from pump handles. People would stick the nozzle in the vehicle, lock the handle, and wander away. This is because they are idiots.
There is a saying in retail that'"the customer is always right".
In the fuel industry it's slightly different. "The customer is a dangerous idiot until he proves otherwise".
After 30 years of doing this, off and on, I could write a book about the lunatic behavior I have seen on the forecourts of service stations.
The problem is, if these retards blow themselves up, I am the one that has to fill out all the paperwork. :evil:
George and Morgan

cracking ybs Murray same here said i had finished have 3 ybs and hen has just laid these eggs i may just let them hatch one yb which i put a photo up grizzle is in fact a grizzle pied never had that before
Murray

George and Morgan wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 am cracking ybs Murray same here said i had finished have 3 ybs and hen has just laid these eggs i may just let them hatch one yb which i put a photo up grizzle is in fact a grizzle pied never had that before
Absolutely, George. And if you have two rings left, why not let them raise the pair?
It would be a very wise man who could pick which one of a pair of eggs contains the best one :D
I hope you are in good health now, George.