At this time of the year.

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Devo1956

So it comes to this time of the year, racing over, the resting of your birds and getting them ready for their m. Well this is the time for stress build up in the pigeon. Moulting season is the time when the pigeons completely change their feathers, So stress can play a big factor, you want your birds ready for their next cycle which is breeding. So the immune system needs to be at its best level, to deal with the birds health. So i would use this product in the drinking water once a week, to top up the immune system. and hey have a shot yourself , to get through the winter months.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /314117365
George and Morgan

thing is Dev a healthy bird should have no problem going through the moult this is just me i don't give anything only corn minerals very little grit and that's it what i hate doing is changing the corn forgot do give a little condition seed every day
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:35 am thing is Dev a healthy bird should have no problem going through the moult this is just me i don't give anything only corn minerals very little grit and that's it what i hate doing is changing the corn forgot do give a little condition seed every day
Yes George i understand, but your birds dont fly out or train and race. In to days world of pigeon racing. Each task can become stressful to any bird. You only have to look at olr how many birds go missing, is this all part of stress?
George and Morgan

i think Dev too many birds bred from unraced birds going back too far
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:45 am i think Dev too many birds bred from unraced birds going back too far
Well there must be a reason for so many lost birds, but i do feel stress is a part of it to be honest.
Andy

I think you both make valid points. I also use a bit of conditioner at this time of year. The loft is now full of feathers every morning. I don’t give any treatment but I would be happy to use natural products like Dev suggests. The only thing I put in the water is water ACV or garlic. Occasionally I might put in a bit of multi-vit. Mine do fly out and race.
I agree with George that too many birds are bred from un-tested birds and sometimes for a few generations. I also think too much medication is used nowadays to prop pigeons up.
I think you make a good point about stress causing a lot of losses in OLR Dev. I think a lot of the stress is caused by too many birds being kept together. They are constantly having to compete for both food and space. They also don’t get that individual attention that some birds like. You know that more than most Dev with the way your birds were.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

do they go over the pad or do you think olr birds when basketing for a race are
individually handled i think they go over the pad and are never handled
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:14 pm do they go over the pad or do you think olr birds when basketing for a race are
individually handled i think they go over the pad and are never handled
I would think that they would have to be handled George as the pads will record arrivals but they have to be put through a master reader when marking for a race. This can only be done by putting the leg and ETS into the master.
George and Morgan

one olr had 1800 birds can they not let the birds out for a fly and switch it on as they enter the loft
Andy

The clock has to be cleared before each race/trainer. They could just basket the birds and record them as they arrived but that wouldn’t them give them a list of birds gone.