A poorly pigeon

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
George and Morgan

i have a nice hen Andy gone light got some new going light tablets she is eating but still thin
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:03 pm i have a nice hen Andy gone light got some new going light tablets she is eating but still thin
He was thin in the end. He did seem to get a bit better but then went downhill quickly the last couple of days. I would think either kidney or liver failure. Hope yours improves George.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:07 pm
George and Morgan wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:03 pm i have a nice hen Andy gone light got some new going light tablets she is eating but still thin
He was thin in the end. He did seem to get a bit better but then went downhill quickly the last couple of days. I would think either kidney or liver failure. Hope yours improves George.
Sorry to hear Andy, i would say more of the liver problems. you tried your best mate.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:01 pm Unfortunately this pigeon died yesterday. This was 2 weeks since his last race. Although initially I thought he may have picked up something from the baskets from the last race I don’t think he did. It was a couple of days after the last race that he started to look not right. I think if it had been sickness or disease he would either have recovered or died much sooner. My feeling is that he had some sort of organ failure. It wasn’t respiratory as his breathing was fine and his throat clear. Such a shame as I did like him.
What a shame Andy, I was hoping for a recovery, it still could have been something picked up in basket and started showing after which is probably right if you pick a cold up you have it for few days before it breaks so no different
Murray

Andy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:01 pm Unfortunately this pigeon died yesterday. This was 2 weeks since his last race. Although initially I thought he may have picked up something from the baskets from the last race I don’t think he did. It was a couple of days after the last race that he started to look not right. I think if it had been sickness or disease he would either have recovered or died much sooner. My feeling is that he had some sort of organ failure. It wasn’t respiratory as his breathing was fine and his throat clear. Such a shame as I did like him.
Sorry to hear that, Andy. :( Once they go like that they don't often recover.
My old original Van Loon hen passed away last week too. She was 13. Was okay and then went downhill. Faded away.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

Murray wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:28 pm
My old original Van Loon hen passed away last week too. She was 13. Was okay and then went downhill. Faded away.
Sorry to hear Murray. It is horrible watching them go downhill knowing there is nothing that can be done for them.
Buster121

Murray wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:28 pm
Sorry for your loss Murray
George and Morgan

had to dispose of my hen the going light tablet did not work
Andy

That’s a shame George. Sometimes we just never know why they go downhill for no apparent reason. Like mine I expect it’s the only one poorly in the loft?
George and Morgan

yes seems that way only a yearling