A poorly pigeon

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Buster121

Hope it recovers ok
Murray

Not sounding great, Andy.
Good luck with it.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
George and Morgan

have you tried the going light tablet Andy
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:09 am have you tried the going light tablet Andy
No I haven’t George. Saying that I have no treatments here as I don’t treat for anything.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

He came out again this morning when letting them out. Last seen he was wandering around the garden so hopefully feeling a bit better.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:43 am He came out again this morning when letting them out. Last seen he was wandering around the garden so hopefully feeling a bit better.
I hope he is on the mend mate, keep us updated.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:43 am He came out again this morning when letting them out. Last seen he was wandering around the garden so hopefully feeling a bit better.
Hope he back on the mend mate
Andy

Well he’s still going. I did handle him again this evening and I think if anything he may have put a little weight back on. He still sits ruffled up looking sorry for himself but his wattle is still white and I hope I’m not speaking to soon but after a week I do think if he was going to die he would have done by now.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:33 pm Well he’s still going. I did handle him again this evening and I think if anything he may have put a little weight back on. He still sits ruffled up looking sorry for himself but his wattle is still white and I hope I’m not speaking to soon but after a week I do think if he was going to die he would have done by now.
Pleasing to see hope he continues to recover
Andy

Unfortunately this pigeon died yesterday. This was 2 weeks since his last race. Although initially I thought he may have picked up something from the baskets from the last race I don’t think he did. It was a couple of days after the last race that he started to look not right. I think if it had been sickness or disease he would either have recovered or died much sooner. My feeling is that he had some sort of organ failure. It wasn’t respiratory as his breathing was fine and his throat clear. Such a shame as I did like him.