Understanding the darkness system.

Can not find the answer your looking for? Post it here, someone will be willing to help.
Devo1956

I just thought i would put this subject up, for new members joining the site. There is a lot that goes on in our sport, so if you're not sure just ask.

https://racingpigeonsport.com/darkness- ... 20thinking
Buster121

Good read thanks for sharing
Andy

An interesting read but not something I have or probably ever will do.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

I have never used the dark because I breed my young birds early and they are well up on their flights by the autumn, so there is not much point.
What some people down here do is use the light system. By turning the lights on every morning at, say, 6.30 or 7.00 am and turning them off at 6.30 or 7.00pm, the days stay the same length. This is useful for winter racing.as it hold up the wing moult.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Murray wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:13 am I have never used the dark because I breed my young birds early and they are well up on their flights by the autumn, so there is not much point.
What some people down here do is use the light system. By turning the lights on every morning at, say, 6.30 or 7.00 am and turning them off at 6.30 or 7.00pm, the days stay the same length. This is useful for winter racing.as it hold up the wing moult.
I did try it the first year when I started back up, but never seemed right to me so changed to natural and stayed that way regardless of when I bred babies