George

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

Does anyone hear anything from George (Rainbow) I know his health wasn't great but he did usually manage a post or two. It would be nice to know how he is and how his birds are doing for him !!!
It would also be nice to hear how Devo and some others are too, I know you have contact with some of them Andy, I did hear from Magic John at Christmas but sadly nothing since as his health isn't good either and he finds writing and using the computer very difficult 😔
Best wishes to them all anyway 😊
Buster121

Trev I heard from George yesterday or day before, I did mean to say but totally forgot, he has been busy getting some birds in from the OLR, sure Devo went to Spain and doesn't get on anymore but Andy will no more
Andy

I did speak to Devo back at the end of January. The move to Spain didn’t come off. Jeannie went into care because of her increased dementia. They then had trouble with visas and Maria was also diagnosed with early dementia. Devo did say that he really missed the pigeons and wished he had them to help him through difficult times. Unfortunately it was his own health that forced him to get rid of them. I will try to speak to him again. I speak regularly with Rich, (Bryn) and am planning on going to see him again early next year.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:34 pm I did speak to Devo back at the end of January. The move to Spain didn’t come off. Jeannie went into care because of her increased dementia. They then had trouble with visas and Maria was also diagnosed with early dementia. Devo did say that he really missed the pigeons and wished he had them to help him through difficult times. Unfortunately it was his own health that forced him to get rid of them. I will try to speak to him again. I speak regularly with Rich, (Bryn) and am planning on going to see him again early next year.
That is a shame really sorry to hear this as I do know they were looking forward to making a new life there, sorry to see Jeannie so ill and Maria now ill, I also see yesterday that Jack Berry his old partner did well in a race, maybe he could get a couple just to keep an interest, I wish the family well
Murray

Andy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:34 pm I did speak to Devo back at the end of January. The move to Spain didn’t come off. Jeannie went into care because of her increased dementia. They then had trouble with visas and Maria was also diagnosed with early dementia. Devo did say that he really missed the pigeons and wished he had them to help him through difficult times. Unfortunately it was his own health that forced him to get rid of them. I will try to speak to him again. I speak regularly with Rich, (Bryn) and am planning on going to see him again early next year.
I am so sorry to hear that. Very sorry.
Poor Devo, he had such a passion for his pigeons, and they put so much into caring for Jeanette.
Sometimes life can be quite unfair. But then again, who said it was fair?
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

And it's a pity George doesn't get on here now.
If anyone is talking to him please tell him I send my best wishes.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

That is very sad Andy, life can be so cruel and usually to the nicest people 😔
As Buster said maybe Dev could get a couple of pairs again to give him an outlet, I know the birds were affecting his own health but I think with all that he is having to deal with I'd have to take that chance. Pass on our best wishes if you do contact him again, maybe he could just rejoin the forum to be among friends !!
I hear from Rich most weekends but haven't actually spoken to him for a while, it will be nice for you to meet up with again in the new year Andy.
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:31 am Trev I heard from George yesterday or day before, I did mean to say but totally forgot, he has been busy getting some birds in from the OLR, sure Devo went to Spain and doesn't get on anymore but Andy will no more
Good to hear that George is doing ok and that he is still enjoying his birds, please pass on our regards and best wishes to him.
Andy

Murray wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:33 am And it's a pity George doesn't get on here now.
If anyone is talking to him please tell him I send my best wishes.
I will message him and say all the lads are asking about him. See if I can at least persuade he to come on and say hi.
Andy

I haven’t spoken to Pete or Potter for sometime either. I will message them both to see how they are. I know Pete got a new job and wasn’t sure about racing anymore but I’m sure Stu (Potter) is still racing.
Looks like I’ve got a few messages to write lol.