Littlehampton 9th September

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

This was our next to last race. Littlehampton 83 miles. The youngsters have certainly been well tested this season. For all but one this was their 7th race having been to every race. I sent 10.
Because of the heat they were hoping to liberate as early as possible. Unfortunately as morning broke the combine area was covered in a heavy mist with very poor visibility. The mist cleared enough to allow a liberation at 9:30 in no wind. By this time the temperature was already well up into the 20s.
I had hoped for one between 11.00 & 11.15. I had 2 drop at 11.20. One was mine the other was from a fellow club member. Both came in. The one of mine was 224 blue cock from Buster. He has been a bit inconsistent but always on the day. I contacted Kim to ask him what he wanted me to do with his hen, take her up the club or release her. He is only 7 miles from me and she was having her third race. I let her have a drink and put her out about half an hour later. She flew up onto the house and sat there all day before coming in again in the evening.
My second bird at 11.42 also came with a stray. This was a little chequer hen of mine. Then I had 3 arrive at 11.51. One was 226 blue cock from Buster. With him was another pigeon from a different club member, after a drink and a rest this one went on his way. The other one of the 3 was a hen that I had lost 3 week’s previous. Where they picked her up from who knows. I had a fourth at 12.00 and fifth 264 blue cock of Busters at 12.19. By this time the temperature had reached 29c I still hadn’t seen the Mealey of buster’s by this time. At 14.09 I got another one of mine and the Mealey cock 222 finally turned up at 15.43.
These were all I had when going up the club. Returns were a bit hit and miss. Some had good returns and others not so. I did sound that they were coming all day for most and several were starting to arrive as it started cooling down. I was hopeful that when I got home I would find my missing ones home. It wasn’t to be though so got 7/10. When I got up this morning 2 were walking around the garden. 225 & 265 both the last 2 from Buster.
The Staddons dominated both the club and combine again this week a bit in front of anyone else.

This is our club result.
IMG_2719.jpeg
Although I am well down on the result sheet I am only a minute or two behind. Our loft location isn’t the best as ours will always have to break and cover the last few miles on their own as we aren’t on any direct route for any of the races or other club members.

This is the combine result
IMG_2718.jpeg
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
DarkPiedCock
Great Britain

Well done Andy. Locals that sent to Newton Abbot on the south road and Guernsey with BICC had terrible returns.
Living in Brighton & Sunny Sussex.
Buster121

Well done Andy, hope missing one turns up safely shame about the mealy this week maybe doesn't like the heat but really good to see they done ok for you, you certainly getting the best from them and I hope they go onto do even better as yearlings
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:33 pm Well done Andy, hope missing one turns up safely shame about the mealy this week maybe doesn't like the heat but really good to see they done ok for you, you certainly getting the best from them and I hope they go onto do even better as yearlings
Last race next weekend. Brighton 102 miles. The 9 from this week will all go again next week. That will be their 8th race. 6 of them will be yours Buster. I’m sure the Mealey will do better again next week. He did have a tester this week. He may have gone down for a while.
His record this year is:
Stoney Cross 34mls 6th bird 1hr 25mins
Stoney Cross 34mls 6th bird 1hr 25mins
Littlehampton 83mls 1st bird 2hrs 27mins
Littlehampton 83mls 1st bird 2hrs 25mins
Stoney Cross 34mls 1st bird 51mins
Littlehampton 83mls 2nd bird 1hr 52mins
Littlehampton 83mls 7th bird 6hrs 13mins
Buster121

That is good going
Trev

Well done Andy all in all a pretty good result for you and your fellow club members bruv, especially the Staddons 👏👏 As Les said racing was very hit and miss, in our race there were those with all home and others a fair few missing with birds dropping in all through the day for most.
Buster's birds have certainly done well for you, it's been nice to see you racing each week and enjoying being part of a decent club again, I expect it's been nice for Buster to be able to enjoy following the progress of his birds too.
One thing I keep meaning to ask Andy is how you are classed as a "combine" when there are no individual Federations !!! Most clubs belong to Feds and those Feds together make the Combine 🤔🤔
Good luck with the last race this weekend bro 🤞🤞
Buster121

Trev wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:51 am Well done Andy all in all a pretty good result for you and your fellow club members bruv, especially the Staddons 👏👏 As Les said racing was very hit and miss, in our race there were those with all home and others a fair few missing with birds dropping in all through the day for most.
Buster's birds have certainly done well for you, it's been nice to see you racing each week and enjoying being part of a decent club again, I expect it's been nice for Buster to be able to enjoy following the progress of his birds too.
One thing I keep meaning to ask Andy is how you are classed as a "combine" when there are no individual Federations !!! Most clubs belong to Feds and those Feds together make the Combine 🤔🤔
It has been brilliant to see what they can do Trev just wished you had some as well to see how they went down your end, the mealy what Andy has put results up for was one you was having this year, I do and have missed racing myself but do not think I would of achieved what Andy has with them as being the most westerly flyer mine always got dragged and came back so not only was I giving overfly to all, my birds as Andy's have got dragged, I may consider restarting again in a year or so
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:53 pm
Trev wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:51 am Well done Andy all in all a pretty good result for you and your fellow club members bruv, especially the Staddons 👏👏 As Les said racing was very hit and miss, in our race there were those with all home and others a fair few missing with birds dropping in all through the day for most.
It has been brilliant to see what they can do Trev just wished you had some as well to see how they went down your end, the mealy what Andy has put results up for was one you was having this year, I do and have missed racing myself but do not think I would of achieved what Andy has with them as being the most westerly flyer mine always got dragged and came back so not only was I giving overfly to all, my birds as Andy's have got dragged, I may consider restarting again in a year or so
It has always been called the “West of England South Road Combine” Trev and is only split into clubs rather than a few clubs forming separate federations. I suppose it is a combination of clubs making it a combine. Having said that it is a big combine certainly in terms of area. It covers the whole of Somerset with a few clubs in and around Bristol, up into Gloucester and Chippenham in Wiltshire. It used to have 27+ clubs in it sending 5,000+ birds a week. Unfortunately there are only 13 clubs now although some clubs have amalgamated. Birdage is lower to now with rarely more than 1,500 birds. There are still some top flyers though and difficult to win.
It has been great to test some birds for you Buster and some have done well. From the 12 I had, 6 should have been for me and 6 for Trev, I have 6 left. 3 were lost off the loft in the first few days of being here. 3 have been lost racing. The 6 left have had every race so far, 7 races, and have all been sent to the final race. 4 of those left should have gone to Trev’s. Really looking forward to seeing how they do next year and will be more than happy to try some more next year.
Buster121

Just let me know when you want them and send some rings
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:53 pm
Good to see you have been able to enjoy seeing how your birds have done, yes it is a real shame that wasn't able to have any again, third time lucky 😉🤞 I do have the blue pied hen who was lightly raced and is currently feeding a pair of late breds paired to my Hexham and Perth cock who is from Rich's stock. Yes Andy has done well with them, you certainly have an eye for the birds and have some quality stock mate so it would be good to see you racing them again in the future 😁👍
All the best