Birds paired up at last

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

I wasn't planning on pairing up for another couple of weeks as I have too many birds and need to breed less youngsters this year. However realising that the new racing season is fast approaching and the birds still need vaccinating I decided I couldn't afford to delay any longer so bit the bullet yesterday and got them paired up. I have selectively paired half a dozen pairs to breed from, some pairs according to their possible race programme and some have just gone back to their old mates. I have 19 pairs in nest boxes and the rest of the spare birds have got the run of the loft so I have another 5 pairs taking to the top of the perches and any available corners ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰ so that leaves me with another 17 birds looking for love ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
Most pairs have settled fairly well with the cock birds already calling to the corner of the box so I've put the nest bowls in this evening and opened a couple of boxes, I'll open a few more tomorrow and hopefully by the weekend I'll have them all out.
I will try and a few photos and post them during the week if all goes well ๐Ÿ‘
Andy

Good to hear their settling down Trev.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

good luck Trev i selected 5 pairs the others have 3 cocks to 11 hens had no room to bring in other cocks in
Trev

Thanks Andy and George.
I have 8 pairs out this evening so all going well so far, there are a couple of hens that could be a problem as I know they will want to go back to their old boxes so they could take a bit of time.
Andy

Iโ€™ve got all my stock pairs out together now. 3 pairs yet to lay. I did just have a bit of trouble with one cock wanting to have 2 nest boxes but now sorted himself out. Most of the race birds are now paired up.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Andy wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:25 pm Iโ€™ve got all my stock pairs out together now. 3 pairs yet to lay. I did just have a bit of trouble with one cock wanting to have 2 nest boxes but now sorted himself out. Most of the race birds are now paired up.
That's good news Andy, pleased to hear most of your birds have laid now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€ hopefully the last few pairs won't be too far behind.
I still have a few pairs that although they are settled together still aren't completely settled in their boxes so will have to stay shut in a little longer, I have split one pair up tonight as the hen just has no interest in the cock bird. It's a bit of a shame as I quite liked the pairing and would have kept a round of youngsters from them but I just have that gut feeling that they just weren't going to gel.
George and Morgan

this cock has not filled any eggs this past 2 years he has just gone down withb a yearling hen not holding out much hope
Attachments
P1040730.JPG
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:58 pm this cock has not filled any eggs this past 2 years he has just gone down withb a yearling hen not holding out much hope
A nice looking bird George, I take it he has been a good, reliable breeder in the past !!!
Good luck with him, I hope he produces something for you this year mate๐Ÿคž
George and Morgan

this was a son of him i gifted to dev when he come back into pigeons
Attachments
Photo Peigeon.jpg
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: โ†‘Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:17 am this was a son of him i gifted to dev when he come back into pigeons
He's certainly a chip off the old block George, fingers crossed that the old boy gives you a couple more like him this year mate ๐Ÿคž