Stoney Cross 26th August 2023

Post all your results here for others to see.
Buster121

Trev wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:45 pm
Buster121 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:54 am Well done Andy on results and returns, good to see they coming well for you, all they ever needed was someone to bring the best out of them and I am not that person
I'm sure you've had your fair share of victories over the years Buster, you don't build quality birds like you clearly have if you don't know what you are doing mate 😉👍😁
Trev being totally honest never won a sausage or a bean :lol: :lol: can breed them and sort quality out but do not or ever had the ability to race prepare since restarting only 4ths 5ths and 6ths being the most westerly flyer and giving all others overfly, in my hey days back in the 70s best was a third Saintes, but in saying all that never bothered me to be bottom or top as I did it for the love, cards only a bonus, nothing better than seeing a bird fold up and drop from any distance long or short even when I decided to stop racing still got butterflies and excited to see them come
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:56 pm
Trev wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:45 pm
Buster121 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:54 am Well done Andy on results and returns, good to see they coming well for you, all they ever needed was someone to bring the best out of them and I am not that person
I'm sure you've had your fair share of victories over the years Buster, you don't build quality birds like you clearly have if you don't know what you are doing mate 😉👍😁
Trev being totally honest never won a sausage or a bean :lol: :lol: can breed them and sort quality out but do not or ever had the ability to race prepare since restarting only 4ths 5ths and 6ths being the most westerly flyer and giving all others overfly, in my hey days back in the 70s best was a third Saintes, but in saying all that never bothered me to be bottom or top as I did it for the love, cards only a bonus, nothing better than seeing a bird fold up and drop from any distance long or short even when I decided to stop racing still got butterflies and excited to see them come
I totally agree with you there Buster, wherever they are on the sheet there is something quite magical seeing those birds pull up and drop onto the loft. I also get a lot of pleasure just watching them fly around home.
DarkPiedCock
Great Britain

Nice returns Andy. Being just behind Staddon Bros , isnt shabby 8-)
Living in Brighton & Sunny Sussex.
Andy

Here is your Mealey cock this evening Buster.
IMG_2690.jpeg
Dispute his relatively young age he has paired to an old hen. He was sitting for the first 3 races and driving the hen this weekend. She laid Friday night so should be sitting for the last 3 races. It will be interesting to see what he does on widowhood next year.
He doesn’t really like being caught. The first couple of races his ETS ring didn’t register on arrival but I have since sorted it out so thankfully no need to catch him when he arrives home. On the other hand blue chequer cock 65 of yours is on at me all the time for a few peanuts.
I am more than happy to test them out for you. I’m not in the best position in the club for these short races but they are still close and considering the hard races we have had with the youngsters they are doing very well. Just 3 races left now.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

This was the combine result for this week. So as you can see not too far away really.
IMG_2691.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:19 pm Here is your Mealey cock this evening Buster.

IMG_2690.jpeg

Dispute his relatively young age he has paired to an old hen. He was sitting for the first 3 races and driving the hen this weekend. She laid Friday night so should be sitting for the last 3 races. It will be interesting to see what he does on widowhood next year.
He doesn’t really like being caught. The first couple of races his ETS ring didn’t register on arrival but I have since sorted it out so thankfully no need to catch him when he arrives home. On the other hand blue chequer cock 65 of yours is on at me all the time for a few peanuts.
I am more than happy to test them out for you. I’m not in the best position in the club for these short races but they are still close and considering the hard races we have had with the youngsters they are doing very well. Just 3 races left now.
Looking well Andy he looks well settled and pleased you are happy and they are trying for you
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:28 pm This was the combine result for this week. So as you can see not too far away really.

IMG_2691.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg
Not bad at all mate see Mr Wilcox got a few in there
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:39 pm
Andy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:28 pm This was the combine result for this week. So as you can see not too far away really.

IMG_2691.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg
Apparently he did send 120!!
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:58 pm

IMG_2691.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg
120 suppose it keeps others costs down a bit
Andy

Andy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:58 pm

IMG_2691.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg
That of course is Stuart Wilcox, auctioneer and co owner of pigeon chat. Won the national a couple of times. He is in Bristol where the bulk of the birds go. Staddons are certainly on a much better line for them to break out on their way to Bristol. Ours would have to virtually go on a different line from the very start. Our 10 against 1:700+ even including the other 3 members down this way and the Crewkerne club still not more than 150 birds. From such short races they would still be in big batches after just 45 minutes of racing.