Stoney Cross 26th August 2023

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

This week we were at Stoney Cross. just 34 miles for me. Our club had 11 members sending 273 birds, I sent 10.
Because of the forecast for showers becoming more frequent as the day progressed they were looking for an early liberation.
The birds were liberated at 7.00am in a light SW. I thought an arrival at 7.45 would be a good one. Which as it turned out would have been the winner. I got my first bird at 7.51am. First bird for the third week running was the Mealey cock 222 from Buster. This pigeon is really showing some promise. Last week he won the nom, he was the second nom this week. Second bird at 7.54 was blue chequer cock 225, another from Buster. Then at 7.58 I had 2 together. Blue chequer cock 265 and blue cock 264, both bred by Buster. By the time I went to open the shop at 9.00am I had 8/10, 5/6 of Busters including 226 at 8.16. This bird didn’t come until Sunday last week. The sixth of Busters arrived at 10.18am. My last bird arrived late afternoon. This pigeon had been reported in Southampton from the first young bird race. He had been brought back to Wincanton race course via the premiere 100 clubs transporter. I picked the pigeon up from the race course 2 weeks ago. So this was only his second race so he done quite well really.
I was the only member to get 100% return although not too many missing from other members.
This is our club result.
IMG_2688.jpeg
I was about 5 minutes behind Dave & John Staddon but was the 4th member from 11. I was also the first member from along the southern edge of the combine.
I was pleased with the result today.
Next week we are back at Littlehampton 82 miles. I will be sending all 10 back again if ok.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Well done Andy on results and returns, good to see they coming well for you, all they ever needed was someone to bring the best out of them and I am not that person
Buster121

Do you get anything for being second nom or is it only winner
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:15 am Do you get anything for being second nom or is it only winner
No mate. We don’t pay for the nom. The £10 each week comes out of club funds. Every member sending nominates one of their pigeons and the first nominated pigeon timed wins the £10. Your Mealey was only just over a minute behind Phil Ducketts pigeon. I have been second 3 times now I think lol.
We also do guess the winning velocity each week. Anyone wishing to have a go pay £1 and write their guess down on a slip of paper which goes into a tin. After the result is known the tin is opened and one by one the guesses are read out. It is a bit of fun with around £13 up for grabs for the closest guess each week. I won it 2 weeks running a couple of weeks ago. The winning velocity this week was 1321ypm. I guessed 1329 and thought I was in for another win but Nigel Nutt guessed spot on at 1321. Second agave lol. I have done that a few times this year also.
It all makes for a great social side with most members staying for a couple of hours on marking and clock nights.
Andy

I’ll have to sort out having some more youngsters from you again next year Buster. I am very pleased with the ones I have along with “Steve” the blue pied yearling cock. 👍👍
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:02 pm
Buster121 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:15 am Do you get anything for being second nom or is it only winner
No mate. We don’t pay for the nom. The £10 each week comes out of club funds. Every member sending nominates one of their pigeons and the first nominated pigeon timed wins the £10. Your Mealey was only just over a minute behind Phil Ducketts pigeon. I have been second 3 times now I think lol.
We also do guess the winning velocity each week. Anyone wishing to have a go pay £1 and write their guess down on a slip of paper which goes into a tin. After the result is known the tin is opened and one by one the guesses are read out. It is a bit of fun with around £13 up for grabs for the closest guess each week. I won it 2 weeks running a couple of weeks ago. The winning velocity this week was 1321ypm. I guessed 1329 and thought I was in for another win but Nigel Nutt guessed spot on at 1321. Second agave lol. I have done that a few times this year also.
It all makes for a great social side with most members staying for a couple of hours on marking and clock nights.
Great social side there as you say it means a lot when you get that sort of thing and atmosphere
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:04 pm I’ll have to sort out having some more youngsters from you again next year Buster. I am very pleased with the ones I have along with “Steve” the blue pied yearling cock. 👍👍
Andy you are more than welcome as is Trev or anyone else as I say they need someone to get the best out of them and I am not that person, will have to put my signature back on my posts :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:54 am Well done Andy on results and returns, good to see they coming well for you, all they ever needed was someone to bring the best out of them and I am not that person
I'm sure you've had your fair share of victories over the years Buster, you don't build quality birds like you clearly have if you don't know what you are doing mate 😉👍😁
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:02 pm

Having a decent social side to a club does add something to our sport, it's a shame they are slowly disappearing !!! I'll have to propose those two ideas to our club this winter.
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:21 pm
Andy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:04 pm I’ll have to sort out having some more youngsters from you again next year Buster. I am very pleased with the ones I have along with “Steve” the blue pied yearling cock. 👍👍
Andy you are more than welcome as is Trev or anyone else as I say they need someone to get the best out of them and I am not that person, will have to put my signature back on my posts :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think your signature is a little harsh mate 😄😅😄
You do have some lovely birds and I'm glad Andy is managing to get them going after I wasn't able to them justice last year. The Blue pied hen of yours that I do have left is currently feeding a pair of late breds she is paired to my 5th club Hexham 3rd Club Perth bird who is out of birds given to me by Rich (Bryn).
I will hopefully have some from you again next year but maybe a little earlier this time 👍