Littlehampton 12th August 2023

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

This weekend we were at Littlehampton, 83 miles for me. I sent 20 birds. The forecast for the day was for brisk SW head/side wind and some heavy showers around.
The 1,400+ birds were liberated at 8.30am in good conditions. At this time it was raining at the home end. The wind was blustery getting strong during the regular showers. I thought I should have had one at around the 2 hour mark. I didn’t get my first one until 10.57, twi and a half hours. First bird was the Mealey cock 222 from Buster. Second bird at 11.05 was Blue hen 226 also also from Buster. Third bird at 11.06 was a Blue Chequer hen of my breeding. Fourth was Blue cock 264, another from Buster. I ended the day with only 11 from the 20. 7 of those are from Buster. I had 2 more today but still 7 missing. I have 8/9 of Busters.
I was the last member to time in this week. The winner of our club is the longest flier and most northerly.
IMG_2654.jpeg
I am the shortest member in the combine and one of the most southerly. I think there was much more South in the wind as the winner of the combine is the most northerly flier in the combine. The rest of the combine result was dominated by members from Bristol.
IMG_2657.jpeg
It sounds like a lot of pigeons are still missing and very few have worked back in today. It is thought that they have gone well North and with the strong South wind they haven’t moved much today. One of our members has had one reported as far North as Blackburn, 180 miles north of home. Another member has had one returned very badly hawked which may have scattered them.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Well done Andy was looking at the time for Mr Mrs Hodges and you both are similar times and distance so birds are ok it is other influences wind and drag etc, hope missing ones turn in ok
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:57 pm Well done Andy was looking at the time for Mr Mrs Hodges and you both are similar times and distance so birds are ok it is other influences wind and drag etc, hope missing ones turn in ok
Gary and Prilly are the nearest loft to me. They are in a village about 3 miles from Wincanton. Young Ronnie Hodges, their nephew, flys in the same village as them. We are all well South in the combine and the shortest flying members. So with a lot of South in the wind and the drag generally going North of us, it is hard to get there coming on a line to us.
Andy

We have 2 members who haven’t started their youngsters racing yet and another 3 who have had one race and now have young bird sickness.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:35 am We have 2 members who haven’t started their youngsters racing yet and another 3 who have had one race and now have young bird sickness.
Keep an eye on yours mate, was the ones that had one race last week or before
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:08 am
Andy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:35 am We have 2 members who haven’t started their youngsters racing yet and another 3 who have had one race and now have young bird sickness.
One was last week and 2 from the first race. I do think that if mine were going to get it they would have by now, I hope. The good thing is now that even if I did get it and had to stop racing all the youngsters I have have had 3 races. The 2 members that haven’t stated and are probably waiting for the come back race in a couple of weeks time then get it that will be their season finished. 1 of the members that got it a couple of weeks ago is hoping to race again this coming week and even the one that got it last week should still be able to have a few races. I do think that the darkness system and all the treatments given don’t help. Mine get neither.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:59 pm
Buster121 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:08 am
One was last week and 2 from the first race. I do think that if mine were going to get it they would have by now, I hope. The good thing is now that even if I did get it and had to stop racing all the youngsters I have have had 3 races. The 2 members that haven’t stated and are probably waiting for the come back race in a couple of weeks time then get it that will be their season finished. 1 of the members that got it a couple of weeks ago is hoping to race again this coming week and even the one that got it last week should still be able to have a few races. I do think that the darkness system and all the treatments given don’t help. Mine get neither.
Agree with that, does seem to affect darkness birds more
Buster121

Have you had anymore back yet
DarkPiedCock
Great Britain

Tough weekend Andy. Hope you get a few more back. In the south and north clubs of Brighton, quite a few now have young bird sickness. One race and bang! Sickness.
Living in Brighton & Sunny Sussex.
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:09 pm Have you had anymore back yet
No Buster. The weather hasn’t been that good here today until this afternoon. I suppose it depends where they are!