Take a look

Topics relating to construction or maintenance of your loft, boxes and pigeon equipment
Buster121

May be worth a try
Andy

Looks like a good idea. At least they shouldn’t be able to throw grains out.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:48 pm Looks like a good idea. At least they shouldn’t be able to throw grains out.
Thing I like about them Andy the food can go over the top of them without any dropping out and will just sink down, if you look at the pictures you can see the seed below hole, going to get some and try but will make a slimline hopper and have them on front as my hoppers against walls
Andy

Look forward to see how they work.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Good thing!
Probably need separate ones for individual grains. One for peas, one for maize etc and you would want cleaned grains or the dust and stuff would build up at the feed point.
Not for me though. One of my pleasures is going round with my little spoon feeding every pair in their box and talking to them :lol:
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Have been thinking about this and have come to the conclusion instead of making a slimline hopper if I use a normal one with an angled piece wood to bring seed to front of hopper then it would be the same as a normal hopper just cleaner and with less seed throwing being allowed, still got my prototype hopper going to get some and attach to that give it a whirl, nothing to lose really
Trev

Looks interesting Buster, I could do with something like that for when we go away later in the year 👍😁
Buster121

Trev wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:31 pm Looks interesting Buster, I could do with something like that for when we go away later in the year 👍😁
That was the reason I made the hoppers in the first place so we could go away without any worries, just bought some 10 L drinkers as well I normally put 2 or 3 7 L ones in depending on amount of birds in section, but these things look as if they will make things a lot easier good thing is as well if you wanted you can shut them off at night to stop rodents
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:33 am
Trev wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:31 pm Looks interesting Buster, I could do with something like that for when we go away later in the year 👍😁
That was the reason I made the hoppers in the first place so we could go away without any worries, just bought some 10 L drinkers as well I normally put 2 or 3 7 L ones in depending on amount of birds in section, but these things look as if they will make things a lot easier good thing is as well if you wanted you can shut them off at night to stop rodents
👍