Eastbourne 8/7/23

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

This weekend I had 5 birds away at Eastbourne 118 miles. It was a very difficult day for our race controller and convoyer. The forecast was for bad weather, rain and thunderstorms clearing the liberation site by early afternoon and over the rest of the route during the afternoon. So a liberation was hoped for between 12 & 2pm. The weather was much slower to clear than expected but they were still hoping to liberate and get the birds home. Eventually we had news that the birds had been liberated at 15.45 into no wind. At that time it was still raining at this end. I thought with the conditions and not knowing what they were going to fly through 3 hours would be a good one. By this time the rain had just about stopped as I had one drop at 18.42, just under 3 hours. We usually do the clocks at 6.30 but I knew they would be later but couldn’t get hold of anyone to find out. It takes me around 45 minutes to get to the club. So just after. 7 I left for the club. I only had the one at that time. The one I had was the Blue Pied cock from Buster. Although this was his 8th race this season this was the first time he had been my first bird. When I arrived home at 10.15 last night I had another 2 in the loft. The other 2 were both back this morning.
I ended up being 19th club but only about 15 minutes behind the winner in what ended up quite a close race.
IMG_2634.jpeg
Returns were good for all members. So in the end praise has to be given to both Dave, race controller & Marcel, convoyer, on being patient on a very difficult day to make a great decision to liberate when they did.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Well done Andy great returns as well
DarkPiedCock
Great Britain

Nice returns Andy.
Living in Brighton & Sunny Sussex.
Murray

Good result, Andy.
They are really doing the job for you.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

Murray wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:22 am Good result, Andy.
We’ve got one more short race next week, Brighton 102 miles, for the old birds. A couple would have had 10 races and another 9. I have the start of a more reliable team now. I know a bit more about them and with a different system next year they will hopefully be a bit quicker. I will at least have some birds that have had a fair bit of experience. Going to start getting the youngsters going when the weather is right.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Well done Andy, a great result bro 👍😁 and as you say well done to the race controller and convoyer who were spot on with their decision to hold until late afternoon as it had been a dull and dreary day down here on the coast.
Trev

Andy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:15 pm
Murray wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:22 am Good result, Andy.
We’ve got one more short race next week, Brighton 102 miles, for the old birds. A couple would have had 10 races and another 9. I have the start of a more reliable team now. I know a bit more about them and with a different system next year they will hopefully be a bit quicker. I will at least have some birds that have had a fair bit of experience. Going to start getting the youngsters going when the weather is right.
Well done Andy it has been a mixed season for you again but at least you have been able to get more racing in to enable you to evaluate your birds and your management better.