Thinking about next year

Topics relating to construction or maintenance of your loft, boxes and pigeon equipment
Trev

Looks like a good plan Andy, I think 12 boxes will be enough for now bro. I know your goal was and still is the distance but you always did enjoy your widowhood and at least it should make you more competitive over the shorter races and as getting any kind of distance racing in is becoming increasingly difficult this will hopefully bring you more pleasure and enjoyment again.
Andy

Ordered all the wood last week. Should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. Will then be able to start doing the alterations.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Enjoy whatever you do Andy, just go for it mate. Do you have many left from the birds sent to you Andy?
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:05 pm Ordered all the wood last week. Should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. Will then be able to start doing the alterations.
Hope all goes to plan mate
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:21 pm Enjoy whatever you do Andy, just go for it mate. Do you have many left from the birds sent to you Andy?
I have an original from George, the grizzle hen 7 years old next year. An original hen I got from Rich, she will be 10 next year. I have a yearling from Buster, a yearling from Trev and a 2 year old from Potter. Plus the 5 youngsters I have from Buster this year that had the whole young bird program. Although none of the other original pigeons sent I have many birds bred down from members birds. I have offspring down from ones from Dev & Chris, Pete, George, Rich, Potter, Trev, John & Ben, Phil and Buster. I know I keep going back to it but the worst time where I lost most of members original birds was from the bad trainer I had from 18 miles back early 2021 where I lost 20 birds, some that had flown up to 350 miles.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:12 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:21 pm Enjoy whatever you do Andy, just go for it mate. Do you have many left from the birds sent to you Andy?
I have an original from George, the grizzle hen 7 years old next year. An original hen I got from Rich, she will be 10 next year. I have a yearling from Buster, a yearling from Trev and a 2 year old from Potter. Plus the 5 youngsters I have from Buster this year that had the whole young bird program. Although none of the other original pigeons sent I have many birds bred down from members birds. I have offspring down from ones from Dev & Chris, Pete, George, Rich, Potter, Trev, John & Ben, Phil and Buster. I know I keep going back to it but the worst time where I lost most of members original birds was from the bad trainer I had from 18 miles back early 2021 where I lost 20 birds, some that had flown up to 350 miles.
Thanks for the feedback Andy, its good to hear how things have gone for the loft. Hope all goes well for next season.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:18 pm
Andy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:12 pm
Thanks for the feedback Andy, its good to hear how things have gone for the loft. Hope all goes well for next season.
I’ll go through all the birds in the loft over the next few weeks giving their breeding and racing achievements.
Buster121

Remember that big loss well did you not have another as well but not losing as many
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:54 am Remember that big loss well did you not have another as well but not losing as many
Training that year was terrible and left me with very few to race.
I have a bad race at the start of this year where I sent 35 birds to Littlehampton 83 miles and only got 5 on the day. I did end up with 24 back in the end.
George and Morgan

and out of those 24 Andy how many have you now