Stormy weather

Feel free to post the weather here.
Murray

That's very scary.
I do hope you are safe where you are, Andy.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

Murray wrote: ↑Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:38 pm That's very scary.
I do hope you are safe where you are, Andy.
The worst of this storm has now passed through. Still a few strong gusts but generally a lot lighter winds now. Forecast for a few more days of windy weather but not as bad as today. We seem to have got through unscathed.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

That's good.
I was looking at the reports on the internet. That was some serious weather.
Very sad that there were lives lost.
Andy

Murray wrote: ↑Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:49 pm That's good.
I was looking at the reports on the internet. That was some serious weather.
Very sad that there were lives lost.
Yes Murray it is very sad. 3 have died and some in hospital. There are trees down in many places shutting roads and railway lines. Many are still without electricity due to power lines being down. We lost the electric a few times during the day but not for long periods. Worst storm I’ve seen since 1987.
Trev

It certainly was a rough day with a fair bit of damage done, thankfully round here it was mostly trees or fences that came down including a tree at our Mum's that completely blocked her driveway, our brother Kev went round there this morning and cleared it for her.
I was helping a friend feed and bed up his cattle during the morning, while I was there the roof on one of his barns was lifting so we had to put some tractor/trailer tyres on it to hold it down for him to fix once things settle down. It was while we were doing that Losa called me to say you better get home as the roof is lifting on your loft so I had to leave John to finish off and shot of home to save my roof. It is secure for now but will need some cosmetic surgery at a later date.
On the upside brother Kev and I could pick up a fair bit of fencing work over the coming weeks πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€
It does look like our friends up country are set for another battering later in the week as Storm Franklin looks set to hit the Midlands !!! Hopefully it won't be too severe 🀞🀞🀞
Murray

I am pleased that you have not suffered any serious harm as a result of the storm, Trev.

But! I am glad that the storm made you look at that roof.

That roof! :( :o :shock:

Hopefully, this is the excuse to put some framing and stuff into your roof, and make it weatherproof. :D
George and Morgan

that's the only worry i have Trev is the loft roofs
Andy

It’s got very windy again here now. Supposed to stay here until tomorrow evening.
Trev

Been windy again today but not as bad as Friday and the weekend, the loft is stil standing and roof still on πŸ‘πŸ˜€ I think when I can afford it I will replace the roof though as I don't really like what I have.
Andy

Trev wrote: ↑Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:00 pm Been windy again today but not as bad as Friday and the weekend, the loft is stil standing and roof still on πŸ‘πŸ˜€ I think when I can afford it I will replace the roof though as I don't really like what I have.
Just replace with OSB board, exterior ply, and roofing felt Trev.