Last weekends race

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

Well another difficult and disappointing race for me. It does sound that for some reason there were a lot of losses throughout the country. I sent 15 to Eastbourne, 118 miles to me. The birds weren’t liberated until 13.00 because of mist and cloud cover right across the race route. By the time they went the skies had cleared and the wind had dropped. Being a late lib by the time I went to the club at 17.45 I only had one back, the 2 year old grizzle cock from Trev. He came from the completely wrong direction, suggesting that they had gone over. I had 3 more when I returned home and 3 more on the Sunday. I am still missing 5 birds that have had 2 or 3 races already this year. The other 3 were having their first race.
I did get one back Saturday and another yesterday from the race 2 weeks ago.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Thanks for the update, Andy.
I was checking the forum from time to time and when there was no comment I thought, "Hmm, maybe the result was disappointing".
That's not good at all.
Something is wrong. If adult pigeons cannot home from 100 miles within in a few hours on a clear afternoon, I think you can be forgiven for wondering what on earth is going on.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Certainly makes you wonder what happens on route, hope others turn in for you mate
Andy

Just to show how bad it is Phil took 3 cocks for a trainer yesterday to 15 miles. It was their 5th toss and 4th from this place. He had nothing yesterday, 1 returned this afternoon, others still missing.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:22 pm Just to show how bad it is Phil took 3 cocks for a trainer yesterday to 15 miles. It was their 5th toss and 4th from this place. He had nothing yesterday, 1 returned this afternoon, others still missing.
Wow what's going on down there can't all be down to hawks surely
Murray

I thought it must have been partly due to clashing with other races but that's not the case in a toss.
I have heard the theory that it's cell phone and radio waves causing so many losses. Plausible. You wouldn't know what's flying around that we don't know about.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Trev

I know it was a dissapointing race for you again Andy, good to hear that you have had a few more home, at least you know that some of them are still about so hopefully a few more will work back yet 🤞🙏
It does seem to have been a particularly bad weekend for losses all round, I think in some areas the cloud didn't lift all day. I did hear that at Esher it was misty all day !!!
Trev

I have had 3 races so far which have been ok, nothing exciting but I've only lost 6 so far. I will put some reports on in due course 👍 I'm not racing this weekend as we have Andy's youngest getting married down West so I won't be around on Saturday.