Worst race ever

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

It was probably one of my worst ever day’s racing today. I sent 35 birds to Littlehampton 83 miles with the WOESRC.
The birds were liberated at 10.00am. Light East wind. Good weather at liberation but cloudy here. I was expecting a good race with the early birds around one and a half hours. I had my first one an hour after that at 12.43. A blue 2 year old hen from Potter who has flown both South Road and North Road. I didn’t find another one in the loft until 2.30. I don’t know when he arrives as he didn’t record on the ETS. He done the same last week. His ring works as he recorded when I put him over it. He is a yearling from Pete’s Muzzabella. Third bird was a latebred hen being her first time in a basket. Fourth was at 16.50 a 2 year old, Muzzaboy. Son of Pete’s Muzzabella. The Fifth and final one on the day was “Steve”, a blue pied cock from Buster having his first race.
So I only got 5/35 yesterday. I have had one more this morning, another yearling having his first race. But it is raining here this morning and he is soaked.
I sent back 7 of the ones that went to the first race but have only got one of them back. I am also missing birds that have flown both South and North upto 400 miles. Just doesn’t make sense. I can only think that as ours go up with the Welsh birds and they were doing nearly a mile a minute that they have just gone way over.
Generally there was a lot of moaning down the club saying that it had been the worst race for sometime. A few birds were missing but no one as bad as me, and I am about an hour behind.
I am getting rather frustrated with it all at present. With the shop I just don’t get the time to spend with the birds. We work 6 days a week and on our only day off we have things we have to do, like shop for ourselves. I don’t even manage to enjoy seeing them arrive as I’m stuck in the shop and just have to keep checking if any are in. Roxanna does try to let me go out for a while when I think they are due but yesterday she had some haircuts to do. Last race we had someone picking up a rabbit. So so far I have only managed to see one bird arrive home.
Oh well, onwards and upwards. Stop moaning and get on with it.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

What a bad one indeed as you say they must be getting dragged shame mate really is, I do hope they return safely and you start getting the results you deserve
Andy

I’ve had another 4 work in today. So up to 10 now. It has only recently started to brighten up so hopefully if better tomorrow we might have a few more.
Buster121

That's good to see, hope the rest work in mate
Trev

Sorry to hear that Andy, I feel your pain and frustration 😔 From what I understand although the winning times in our fed were pretty good it sounds like there were a fair few birds missing. I think the birds do get dragged all over the place and of course hawk strikes certainly don't help and there are a few of them between Littlehampton and your place Andy. It doesn't make sense when experienced go missing from races like that😔😥
Keep plugging away bro, hopefully it will get better for you 🤞🙏 I know our Dad felt a bit like that with his birds when we were all swimming competitively, but at least you have them there for the future and can continue to build a team. With any luck you will be able to see a few more home when the distances get longer 🤞 roll on next week bro 👍😁
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:40 pm I’ve had another 4 work in today. So up to 10 now. It has only recently started to brighten up so hopefully if better tomorrow we might have a few more.
Good to hear that you have a few more home today, hopefully more will make their way back over the next couple of days 🤞🙏
Buster121

Any more back yet mate
Andy

I had 3 more back this morning. No 50 blue Chequer cock from Buster, first race. No 47 blue cock from Trev, he went last time and was our 4th bird. The other one I was glad to see. This is a 2 year old hen that came in to me as a youngster with 2 broken legs and a big gash on one side. She landed on her chest in my trap. I reported her to her owner and told him that I didn’t expect her to last the night. Surprisingly she did and made a good recovery. It was agreed that I kept her. With the ETS marking we don’t have to fill out a race sheet. The birds are just recorded through the ETS master and we get a print out of what we have sent. It was only when looking at this sheet when I got home that I realised I had sent her by mistake.
So I now have 13 back.
I still have 5 of the 6 from Buster from last year. The only one I’m missing is the blue pied cock that was 44th combine in the first race. I am also missing the 3rd and 5th birds from that race. Plus still missing 6 experienced birds. I have 2 of the 3 from Trev.
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:34 pm Any more back yet mate
I was just typing mate. Lol.
Buster121

That is good to see mate hope the rest turn in