Paired up today

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Buster121

You will get there in the end
Trev

Murray wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:16 pm I like to use a nest felt with a handful of straw on top. The birds seem to like it.
I have only used the nest felts the last year or two. I especially like them for single youngsters as sometimes you can get that splay leg happening where the baby pushes the straw away. I had a big single youngster a couple of years ago start to develop splay legs. I put him in a new nest bowl with a nest felt, and a 10 days later he was standing straight up and walked out of the bowl. :D
I only used nest felts last year as I was given some by our old club Secretary when he packed up and I have to say I do like them. I find far too many birds can't be bothered to make nests so at least it guarantees there is something in the bowl for them.
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:16 pm I now have all 16 pairs out and happy in the main section. Still having to shut 2 in in the other section of 8 because of 2 old cocks. They all know where their boxes are but the old cocks when let out keep going into the boxes below them.
Heading in the right direction Andy, they will get there, it's not been a week yet 😁
Andy

All pairs out together now. All seems quite happy. I did let the section of 16 pairs out for the first time in around 4 months this morning. They had a fly while I had my breakfast and when I fed them all but one went back into the right section. I had thought it was going to be more trouble than that. Will let the section of 8 pairs out tomorrow then the 17 in the young bird loft. Once I know they are all ok I will just let them all out together.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Good to see going well mate
Murray

Good news, Andy.

Obviously they are happy and content, I reckon you will have a very good season.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Buster121

Murray wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:42 am Good news, Andy.

Obviously they are happy and content, I reckon you will have a very good season.
Hope he does ;) ;)
Trev

Good to hear Andy, well done. It will be so good to see you racing more this year bruv.