Breeding youngsters

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

No Andy i just got fed up repeating the same words, my way may not work for others. But it did for me.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:01 pm No Andy i just got fed up repeating the same words, my way may not work for others. But it did for me.
As said we all have our own way and methods and if they work for you, even if different from others, they are the right ones for you. You can read what ever you want. Listen to whoever you want. Try whatever you want. Then you need to find what works for you and your birds. Birds managed on one system in one loft, even with success, won’t necessarily work on a different system in another.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

me either dev i like to see ybs eating and drinking straight away
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:19 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:01 pm No Andy i just got fed up repeating the same words, my way may not work for others. But it did for me.
As said we all have our own way and methods and if they work for you, even if different from others, they are the right ones for you. You can read what ever you want. Listen to whoever you want. Try whatever you want. Then you need to find what works for you and your birds. Birds managed on one system in one loft, even with success, won’t necessarily work on a different system in another.
Yes Andy at the end , i was breeding youngsters for others. So i had to make sure they were 100% when they left my care, So i was just done what i have always done.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:41 pm
Andy wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:19 pm
Yes Andy at the end , i was breeding youngsters for others. So i had to make sure they were 100% when they left my care, So i was just done what i have always done.
And quite right too mate. It was what you done and found worked for you in the past.
George and Morgan

what i'm trying to say dev is i look for any weakness in a yb from it's hatched for me if a yb can't see and understand other ybs feeding and drinking then there is a problem i don't really wean by age but by the feathering in the tail and under the wing and by then it should be able to fend for it's self
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:56 am what i'm trying to say dev is i look for any weakness in a yb from it's hatched for me if a yb can't see and understand other ybs feeding and drinking then there is a problem i don't really wean by age but by the feathering in the tail and under the wing and by then it should be able to fend for it's self
Yes George i agree with what you are saying and you are right, but in my loft management i worked with what i have always done. Also looking at the amount of youngsters, i was breeding for other flyers they had to be 100% on leaving my care.
George and Morgan

how is Maria
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:45 pm how is Maria
Still the same mate, hoping for better news next appointment.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:12 pm
George and Morgan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:45 pm how is Maria
Still the same mate, hoping for better news next appointment.
Send her all our best mate. Hope all goes well. Roxanna and myself.