BEST IN SHOW

George and Morgan

well done Andy and all who took cards
Buster121

Murray wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:04 am
Buster121 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:14 am Congratulations Andy, well done everyone has been a great competition all the way with some very good looking and well deserving birds on show, each and everyone is a winner and a credit to there owners

Also a big THANK YOU to our judges Killer and Morgan who have had a hard task separating the winners from runners up

And a special THANK YOU to Andy who without this would not take place

Everyone give yourselves a big pat on the back :D :D :D :D
Absolutely, Buster. :D

This has been a chance for us all to be involved, and all of us are winners.

Thanks to Killer and Morgan for judging the classes. Not an easy job.

Special thanks to Andy for making it happen. I am pleased to see him win the top prize. He earned it!
Sure this is 2 on the bounce for him
Andy

Thanks everyone. The 2 young bird winners are both from Darren Sayers and the old hen and the colours winners are both Rich Sayers. Hopefully they will give us a bit of a report on them. Rich did put a bit on about his 2 winners after the classes hopefully he may embellish it. I’ll see if I can find anything out about Darren’s or maybe Rich knows. I will do a report on the winner in a while.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

The pigeon that won best in show is GB21B04334. He wasn’t raced as a young bird. This year as a yearling he was sent to Guernsey 109 miles and was back at midday the next day. He was then switched North to Wakefield 184 miles in a fresh NW wind arriving back 2 days late. Not that impressive I know but remember that my birds don’t have any club racing and are only sent in nationals and classics against birds going to all parts of the country. Next year will hopefully be the test when he will be aimed at 2 build up races at 184 & 269 miles before being sent to Thurso 523 miles.
His sire was bred by Devo. Unraced as a youngster then as a yearling he was 26th section 397 birds 158th open 3,602 birds Poitiers 343 miles.
His dam was bred by Pete. She was next day from Guernsey as a young bird, found in the loft first thing next morning. Then as a yearling she was 91st section 1293 birds 102nd open 7,441 birds Falaise 178 miles in a very fast race doing 1898ypm. She was then 88th section 397 birds 738th open 3,602 birds Poitiers 343 miles.
I have 2 nice looking youngsters out of GB21B04334 in the loft. He paired to a stray hen that hit my trap last year with 2 broken legs and a big gash under her wing. I didn’t think she would survive the night. I had contacted the owner told him that she wasn’t good. To my surprise she survived the night and has now made a full recovery. She has been trained and I had planned on racing her but the owner had moved and I was unable to transfer her.
Buster121

Andy if you contact the RPRA and explain they will do a transfer
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:08 pm Andy if you contact the RPRA and explain they will do a transfer
Thanks Buster I will do that. Although I do have a later pair of youngsters from the same hen with a different cock. They are very nice too.
Trev

Well done Andy
Well done and thanks to Killer, Chris and Morgan on a brilliant job with the judging, to Andy for running the comp and to all those who took part.
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:24 pm The pigeon that won best in show is GB21B04334. He wasn’t raced as a young bird. This year as a yearling he was sent to Guernsey 109 miles and was back at midday the next day. He was then switched North to Wakefield 184 miles in a fresh NW wind arriving back 2 days late. Not that impressive I know but remember that my birds don’t have any club racing and are only sent in nationals and classics against birds going to all parts of the country. Next year will hopefully be the test when he will be aimed at 2 build up races at 184 & 269 miles before being sent to Thurso 523 miles.
His sire was bred by Devo. Unraced as a youngster then as a yearling he was 26th section 397 birds 158th open 3,602 birds Poitiers 343 miles.
His dam was bred by Pete. She was next day from Guernsey as a young bird, found in the loft first thing next morning. Then as a yearling she was 91st section 1293 birds 102nd open 7,441 birds Falaise 178 miles in a very fast race doing 1898ypm. She was then 88th section 397 birds 738th open 3,602 birds Poitiers 343 miles.
I have 2 nice looking youngsters out of GB21B04334 in the loft. He paired to a stray hen that hit my trap last year with 2 broken legs and a big gash under her wing. I didn’t think she would survive the night. I had contacted the owner told him that she wasn’t good. To my surprise she survived the night and has now made a full recovery. She has been trained and I had planned on racing her but the owner had moved and I was unable to transfer her.
He is very nice Andy.
I think with the issues you have had with bad trainers and some terrible race conditions together with the latest issues surrounding channel racing that you have done well to establish the team you have. Let's hope you get decent North road races in next season so these birds can show their credentials 🤞🤞
Rich123

Old hen winner named broken wing hen she hit pylons as a baby found her laid along side another wot was was sadly dead under wires wen out exercising she a cuester best Gary Cox the pied cock is that last yb we got off lacey our combine winner wen paired back to her own son SMIT van winkle
Andy

Rich123 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:00 pm Old hen winner named broken wing hen she hit pylons as a baby found her laid along side another wot was was sadly dead under wires wen out exercising she a cuester best Gary Cox the pied cock is that last yb we got off lacey our combine winner wen paired back to her own son SMIT van winkle
Thanks for the info Rich. A lovely couple of birds. Is the old hen able to fly at all?