COLOURS (cocks & hens) 2022

Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: ↑Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:58 pm the grizzle i would have given a card
Thanks mate :)
Murray

They are definitely nest mates. There would be no point in me saying so if they weren't would there? :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

If you go to my other thread, "Life in Bendigo", and look at November 29th, there is a picture of them in their nest box.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Murray wrote: ↑Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:03 pm If you go to my other thread, "Life in Bendigo", and look at November 29th, there is a picture of them in their nest box.
You can read the ring numbers, last 2 digits, in both the photo of them in the nest box and in the photo put up in the show. This shows that they are the same 2 pigeons.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Once again some lovely looking birds, well done Morgan πŸ‘πŸ‘
Well done Rich, Murray and Buster, cracking birds once again.
Trev

Murray wrote: ↑Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:03 am I am a little bit surprised to get second with number 16.

He is by the beautiful white flight Thone' cock from the 600 mile Melbourne hen. He is an outstanding pigeon, but he is barely 6 weeks old. Just a baby.

I thought some old pigeons might make a better impression, but there you go!
Already showing his quality Muzza, look forward to seeing how he progresses.
Trev

Rich123 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:40 am Well done all no8 no15 are to brothers off lacey 1st unc winner
Quality birds once again Rich, a credit to you mate.
Trev

Buster121 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:40 pm 2=6=11 and 18 are mine

Number 2 is a very late bred not sure who parents are as 2 cocks are paired to one hen
number 11 is 16 years old Jannsen and both Trev and Andy have birds from his grandson also Paul from Leicester and others do

number 6 is out of some that Trev and Andy have young from as is number 18 they are Lambrechts
Again all very nice birds Buster, particularly like 2 and 18 I also really like the traditional look of the old Janssens. I'm only sorry the babies you bred me didn't get a fair crack of the whip πŸ˜•πŸ˜”
Trev

Andy wrote: ↑Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:23 pm Mine are 3, 9, 13, 19.

3 is squeaky. He is 6 years old and one of the first youngsters I bred when I restarted. He is out of a Kirkpatrick cock and a Jan Aarden hen both from Louella.

9 is a young grizzle cock bred here and out of a cock who has flown the channel bred from a cock from John & Ben who flew the channel 3 times and a hen from Dev & Chris who also flew the channel 3 times. The dam was bred out of a cock from Phil and a hen from Trev. These 2 were first and second birds from the smash Coutances YB race where only 44 birds verified on the day from 1280. Both were timed the next day the cock from Phil being 12th section 166th open. Unfortunately all 4 of the grandparents were lost from the very bad 18 mile training toss I had at the start of 2021.

13 is a young hen bred for Murray from a cock that was bred for Murray that has flown both North and South. He was bred from a cock from Magic x George and a hen from John & Ben x Pete. The dam was bred from birds from John & Ben.

19 is a cock from Trev. He has had just one race so far. He flew Guernsey on the day arriving back during the evening with a gash down one side and under the wing. He wasn’t then recovered enough to race again during the season.
Nice also Andy.
Squeaky doesn't seem to look any older lol
I do like both those Grizzles, hopefully they will do well for next season.
Your number 19 has come on nicely too, he's a half brother to my number 5, different sires but the same Dam. It will interesting to see how they both come next season.
Trev

Mine are :-
Number 5, Gay pied he is out of a yearling Des Coulter/Crammond and Langstaff cock paired to my Bordeaux winner, she is a 4 year old Des Coulter hen. If you remember she had a very lucky escape from the hawk several weeks ago suffering quite severe damage to her neck and shoulder, she has just over the last couple of days started to fly again. She is also the Dam to Andy's number 19 when paired to Steve Pudaphett Southwells cock who had also flown Bordeaux. The funny thing with this hen is that she is a blue bar, her mate this year is a light grizzle and her mate last year was a dark grizzle yet with both cocks she has thrown almost identical gay pieds πŸ€”πŸ€”
My others are number 10 who is a 6 year old cock who was one of the first 4 birds bred for me by Andy when I started up again in 2016, he has been on of my most reliable racers but sadly has bred me absolutely nothing πŸ˜”πŸ˜• he does always have a perch in my loft though 😁
14 is a young hen bred for me by our club chairman Dave Bridger, she is bred down from a long line of top distance classic pigeons including Mark Gilbert's Southfield Melissa 1st international Agen/Bordeaux, Crammond/Langstaff's Brexit Barcelona 1st open national Barcelona and 64th National tarbes and also there Fontwell Lady a Daughter of New Laureaat winner of 1st International Barcelona.
Last but not least is a new addition to my stock loft number 17, he is a Des Coulter grizzle and one of 8 birds I was gifted by a good friend of Des's who sadly has to reduce his numbers so wanted to find homes for some of the stock birds Des had given him when he packed up. I'm looking forward to seeing what these 4 pairs produce.
16702746498984389434781783468866.jpg
Pedigree of number 14