Pieds and Grizzles

Andy

Next week is our final show. This is for Colours, Pieds & Grizzles. This is going to be judged by young Morgan.
4 entries per member. Cocks or hens or a mix. When sending your photos to me please could you say which are cocks and which are hens although I will probably know.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

is it 4 entries just for this class Andy
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:57 pm is it 4 entries just for this class Andy
Yes George. I just thought it would be better as it is cocks or/and hens. You can enter all cocks, all hens or a mix, 4 in total.
George and Morgan

good luck all :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trev

I'll try and get some better pics this week 🤞👍😁
Andy

Don’t forget your entries for this weeks show. 4 entries per member. Colours, Grizzles & Pieds.
Murray

I took some pictures of the big grizzle cock, as he is a beauty. When I downloaded the pictures, I was disappointed. He looks like a blue chequer with a grey head. :(

So I scrapped that.

Never mind, there's plenty of pretty coloured ones out there. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
pvdmr

Found with pretty coloured birds like my Van loon grizzles always got the most attention from hawks in the end they suffered so much with attacks it broke my heart as these birds scored out of turn ( running the Guantlet ) I ended up giving them away.
A Good flyer down in Wales he had the same problem he also got rid of his!
I’d bet the Hawk problem is even worse now.

Atb
Murray

I hear what you are saying.

For the past decade or so all my pigeons were Jansen x Van loon type things, pretty much, and were nearly all blue bars and blue chequers.
The last couple of years I have some new families in the shed, and all of a sudden there's every colour under the sun out there. That's all well and good, but the hawks do make a beeline for the bright coloured ones alright.

I always think, when I see a very nice pied or mealy youngster, "nice baby' probably won't have you for too long". :cry:
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

pvdmr wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:50 am Found with pretty coloured birds like my Van loon grizzles always got the most attention from hawks in the end they suffered so much with attacks it broke my heart as these birds scored out of turn ( running the Guantlet ) I ended up giving them away.
A Good flyer down in Wales he had the same problem he also got rid of his!
I’d bet the Hawk problem is even worse now.

Atb
I have to say I've had the same problem Stu, Reds and pieds always to be the first to go, especially flying along the coast. Having raced North with the youngsters and only losing 1 on the road so I'm hoping for less losses next season.