Central Southern Classic Fling Club.

Post your club / fed news in here.
Andy

The CSCFC had their AGM yesterday. This is the only club that I am still in as I’ve decided to just fly North road at present. They had 3 separate propositions in to extend the radius of the club taking in the whole of the South coast. All 3 of these proposals were heavily defeated. The closest by 11 votes for and 49 against. I am surprised that given the fact that it was a postal vote that only around 60 members actually bothered to vote. It is a shame in someways as I think it would have got a lot of new members. But from a personal point of view it will stop mine getting pulled to far East . I suppose in someways they may have been thinking about the future in as much as if they go back South at some point they couldn’t then decide to bring the radius in again.
They also gave out their intended race program for next season which includes for the old birds 3 North road races and 3 South Road. They have 1 young bird race, that given that they are wanting to see how the North road goes, is surprisingly from Guernsey. Not that it matters to me much as I probably won’t race the youngsters again next year anyway.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Some folks just want to race birds and not get involved in the politics that may be the reason for few votes
Trev

That is a shame Andy as there are a lot of members down here that would have happily left the other classic clubs and gone with CSCF, I'm afraid im my opinion it's another case of the big boys calling the shots. When you look at where the radius currently sits it makes absolutely no sense why this expansion keeps getting thrown out !!! The reason this radius was organised set up was so that it didn't encroach on the old LSCCC which was disbanded several years ago, these two organisations used to merge anyway for certain races so it makes no sense at all. I think they really have missed a trick and again shows that the big money few really are dictating where our sport goes and the little man is slowly being pushed out.
Very sad.