Not what we want in the sport.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

So another story from abroad, its like they say. Where there is money involved, cheating gets involved. So i was reading this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ystem.html
chrisroscoe
Site Admin

That’s from 2013 if I remember rightly I seen that years ago but yeah not good
Andy

I think that’s when they started dope testing the winners of the big races. It had been going on for sometime before that, way back in the late 80s/90s some pigeons were being doped I’m sure.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

chrisroscoe wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:24 pm That’s from 2013 if I remember rightly I seen that years ago but yeah not good

Not what we need in the sport, the post was put up to remind others or new members. Old news or new, we dont want it.
Trev

Unfortunately thats the trouble when big money is involved, financial gain brings out the worst in people.
Murray

Of course some people try to beat the system by doping their pigeons. Some people even benefit from it, if they are experts and know what they are doing. But even they never last long.

Many are idiots who don't know what they are doing.

True story. Many years ago a fancier I knew who thought he was very clever, boasted to me that he had some 'go fast' that he obtained from a race horse trainer. I knew what it was, and knew this would end badly.

Sure enough he gave them a trial run on it, they were so souped up that they flew straight over his house, kept going and he never saw one again. The whole team. Gone.

I never worry about people who want to do things like that. They are fools.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.