Shows

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
killer

Makes it easier to judge ,just like the real shows,
Andy

killer wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:15 am Makes it easier to judge ,just like the real shows,
Is that how a lot of the classes are over there? I must admit I’ve never seen classes for specific colours. Even the big national shows over here have mix colours in each class. They would have raced classes for birds that have flown upto 250 miles, another for up to 400 miles and another for over 400 miles. Then unflown classes etc, but all mixed colours.
If members were interested I could run a separate few shows after the new year for coloured classes. We may have to have a couple of separate classes on the same weekend to get numbers as for example I only have one Red Chequer in my loft and two Mealies.
If we do you can be the judge Killer.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

have enter shows back home which were matched pairs also teams of 3 what i found strange on pigeonchat w/f birds were not coloured
killer

Open for kick backs ,lol cheers
Trev

Some good chat and suggestions there, I'd struggle to get decent pictures of eyes and wing !!! I do like the idea of same colour classes, I remember back we had our shows in Worthing Andy that once you knew who the judge was you knew what colours to enter !!!
I'll see how get on getting photos tomorrow before I commit too much lol 🙁😉😂🤣
killer

Understand about what your saying ,I have trouble my self with photos ,but to judge on looks alone ,is getting away from proformance birds ,let’s face it we are all race men ,compère showing to looking at 2 brand new houses sitting on a hilll ,one with furniture ,the other nothing , which one would you take ,lol cheer any way let’s have fun with this show, when I was a lad back in the 50s ,it was nothing to go to a show ,let’s say cocks BB’s only with over 300 birds penned ,
killer

Ps if you ran shows this way at the end of the year ,you would bring all class winners hens & cocks & have 2 champions ,then bring those 2 together for champion of champions ,just my thoughts on showing ,
Andy

Unfortunately it’s one of the things that has been lost in the sport over here. The whole social side was so much better years ago. During the winter months we would have club meetings every 3 weeks. Sometimes very little on the agenda but because these were held in a pub it was a chance for members to get together. Then we had the yearly show. It was a big event in our club. We had around 40 members. The show would be in a hall that had been hired for the day. I remember it being in the hall beside The Lamb pub in Durrington Trev. These would be on a Sunday. Penning would be from say 10 till 12. With several different classes. Judging then from 1 till 3. The judges would be fanciers from other nearby clubs. After which members went in to see who had won what. Of course in those days the pubs weren’t open Sunday afternoons.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

in those days in NI pubs closed 10-00pm mon-thu 11-00pm Friday-Sat closed all day Sunday there were shows every Friday and Saturday night in different clubs town had 3 clubs see the large show in the south of England has cancelled
killer

Those were the days my friends , might write a song ,lol