Shows

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

Andy wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:55 pm
Buster121 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:03 pm Sorry for butting in Andy but reminding folks first show is next Friday and Killer is the judge
No problem Buster.

The first show is for the young hens. Entries sent to me by email: [email protected]
3 entries per member.
I will contact a couple of other members over the weekend to see if we can have a good entry for our first show.
Sorry Andy but do you the want the entries in on Thursday or Friday ???
Andy

By Friday 7pm Trev.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:32 pmBy Friday 7pm Trev.
Ok Cheers Andy 👍
Andy

Don’t forget your entries for this weeks show. Young Hens. Email me your entries by Friday 7pm
killer

Would there be a chance of an eye & wing photo ,as looks are only skin deep ,lol cheers
George and Morgan

i would have thought you needed to handle the bird in order to judge the wing
killer

No mate ,all I need is a spread wing held 90 degrees to the body ,yes to get a true indication of bird body ,keel back I would agree must handle ,as I said beauty is skin deep ,so I’ll do my best ,may be in future ,have a race section for birds that have raced ,then a beauty section ,also cocks & hens of the same colour ,,just a suggestion ,cheers
Andy

killer wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:14 pm No mate ,all I need is a spread wing held 90 degrees to the body ,yes to get a true indication of bird body ,keel back I would agree must handle ,as I said beauty is skin deep ,so I’ll do my best ,may be in future ,have a race section for birds that have raced ,then a beauty section ,also cocks & hens of the same colour ,,just a suggestion ,cheers
Some good ideas Killer. Something to think about for future shows. It would make things interesting. Are you suggesting with the cock and hen of the same colour as a matched pair? I like the idea of raced and unraced classes but this would rule out a couple of our members who don’t race.
The biggest problem I could see with having photos of the wing & eye is that you need a second person to either hold the bird or take the photo. Although could be worth thinking about in the future.
killer

Surly they have birds they have purchased that as race ,match pairs is a great idea ,prefer hen & cock class same colour ,hard to pick birds of mixed colours ,I may like Reds etc & give it to west bird ,just a thought, cheers
Andy

killer wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:29 pm Surly they have birds they have purchased that as race ,match pairs is a great idea ,prefer hen & cock class same colour ,hard to pick birds of mixed colours ,I may like Reds etc & give it to west bird ,just a thought, cheers
I understand what you mean now Killer. A class of all blues, cocks and hens, a class of blue chequers cocks and hens etc. sounds good.