Vaccination and pairing up

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Andy

I was looking at pairing up at the end of the month. I was hoping to have vaccinated them by now. I have the vaccine here and would normally have done them with Roxanna. But having spoken to our secretary regarding the new policy over racing over the channel this year we feel that the forms have to be filled out properly. Our secretary can’t do them until the end of the month. So as it says that they shouldn’t be vaccinated 2 weeks prior to laying and 4 weeks prior to pairing up I’m thinking I need to get them paired up now. This would hopefully mean that they would be down on eggs before being vaccinated which is fine. What do other members think?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

i don't vaccinated should i
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:26 am i don't vaccinated should i
You don’t need to George. It’s only needed if racing and yours don’t go out. A lot of fanciers don’t vaccinate their stock birds. It’s just that the new regulations require a vaccination certificate to be supplied for all pigeons going over the channel. These need to be signed off by a vet before going on the ferry’s. Up until now we have only had to declare, sign the bottom of the entry forms, that the birds have been vaccinated at the marking stations.
Devo1956

George if your sending youngsters out to be tested at other lofts, i would vaccinate them mate to be safe. If you dont vaccinate them tell new owner.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:02 pm George if your sending youngsters out to be tested at other lofts, i would vaccinate them mate to be safe. If you dont vaccinate them tell new owner.
Those going to one loft races do have to be vaccinated before being sent.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:30 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:02 pm George if your sending youngsters out to be tested at other lofts, i would vaccinate them mate to be safe. If you dont vaccinate them tell new owner.
Yes Andy they do, but i am talking about other flyers George is sending birds to be tested.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:48 pm
Andy wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:30 pm
Yes Andy they do, but i am talking about other flyers George is sending birds to be tested.
Ok mate. I suppose it would depend on what whoever their going to wants. I don’t have any vaccinated before coming here, but that then means I can do them all at the same time.
Devo1956

My thoughts about this subject, is all birds in your loft should be vaccinated. Stock birds are there for a reason, racing birds have to be vaccinated for racing, Young birds also have to be vaccinated i would say in early stage of development, i know it takes time. But it takes longer to treat a sick bird, So prevention is better than cure.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:27 pm My thoughts about this subject, is all birds in your loft should be vaccinated. Stock birds are there for a reason, racing birds have to be vaccinated for racing, Young birds also have to be vaccinated i would say in early stage of development, i know it takes time. But it takes longer to treat a sick bird, So prevention is better than cure.
I will be vaccinating all of mine here at the end of the month, stock birds and racers. The youngsters will be done altogether once all weaned and youngsters have all arrived from members.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:33 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:27 pm My thoughts about this subject, is all birds in your loft should be vaccinated. Stock birds are there for a reason, racing birds have to be vaccinated for racing, Young birds also have to be vaccinated i would say in early stage of development, i know it takes time. But it takes longer to treat a sick bird, So prevention is better than cure.
I will be vaccinating all of mine here at the end of the month, stock birds and racers. The youngsters will be done altogether once all weaned and youngsters have all arrived from members.
Best way mate, not nice when sickness breaks out in a loft. I went to a loft last year, not a very nice thing to see. But lucky enough we turned them round.