A trip down memory lane.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

So being out of the game, has been harder than what i thought. I guess to much time on my hands is the problem now. The days of getting up early and going into the loft for the first clean out, has soon has i opened the back door. The bird would be flying up to greet me through the aviaries, scrapping out was always fun with Rudy on my shoulder. Funny enough all his children would do the same.

The days i spent with my birds just sitting, just observing their rolls in the loft and different traits. I enjoyed the breeding season so much, selection of the pairs i found was the art of breeding. It was know what individuals you had in the loft, what goes best to what. In order to breed a future champion. When the eggs would start to hatch, this was a great buzz for me just watching them develop on a daily basis.

Some Great birds have passed through my hands, not only in my loft, but also when i have been on visits to other lofts. i must say the best visit i ever went on had to be the Janssens loft. What a day i had meeting some really nice people in the sport.
Attachments
prince Rudy.jpg
50302482_10156801837733444_929542832522264576_n.jpg
blue flash.jpg
79865472_2606527092772645_7855420194255011840_n.jpg
79519892_1016210075409047_8084906507403001856_n.jpg
Hatching.jpg
chrisroscoe
Site Admin

nice write up mate and i now the feeling of it being hard, been a few years for me and i just miss having pigeons.
Andy

Great memories mate. They will never leave you. Good that you are still involved a bit even if from a distance. Not quite the same though I know. Nothing like having your own down the end of the garden.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

My hens are getting keen to pair up now and many start strutting around with wings open. I have several cocks and hen that sit on me. One little hen in particular that is always in the way when scraping out. I think this trait is hereditary as her mother, sister and brother are pretty much the same.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Great memories Devo, you certainly made the most of your years in the sport and they clearly gave you an enormous amount of pleasure and satisfaction. You are credit to the sport and should be very proud of your achievements, the many friends you have made will never be far away. I have to say my birds have helped me through some of the toughest times in my life and I always felt like something was missing during my years without them. My competive edge might have weakened over the years but the pleasure I get from having the birds around is as strong as ever and I can't see myself being without them again.
Murray

Great memories, devo.

We know you miss them, and appreciate you still being on the forum to contribute so much.

I hope the comradeship on here helps to fill the void a little bit.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.