RPRA one loft training

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Andy

I can’t believe how bad some of these tosses are. They are only training from 10/14 miles. They are releasing around 800 birds. When I am training from 10 miles mine do a couple of circles and are gone heading for home and are all back together within 15 minutes. Watching their liberations the birds are still circling a good 5 minutes after being let go. The other day it took more than 19 minutes before they left the liberation site. They then have birds dropping in all day with several having a night out as well as dropping birds. I just can’t understand how their training can be so bad form such short tosses.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Yep, it's an eye opener.
The poor things are just like herrings or sardines. They just move with the school. Not one of them has any individual homing instinct or knowledge of why they should orientate and head for home. They have never been taught anything.
Many will learn as they go along, but many won't make it.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Pete.dav

I totally agree with you Andy, I think it as started to go down hill since he started with the yearling races because he is spending more time training and racing these when he should be spending time with the young birds loft training. I don't think they are getting enough time just loft flying and ranging. Also they have lost nearly half of the original entry of just under 1500 pigeons, luckily my one is still there though.The Cotswold valley one loft are in a similar situation, they started with 386 pigeons but are now down to around 160 with only a handful of training tosses out to 34 miles once, they are having the first hot spot on Sunday, I can see a lot more going missing, one of my two entered is still in there.