One seed feed

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Murray

That Irish Ruby mix looks terrific, but I would be too scared to feed it to mine.
I am just starting to train the champions up for the series beginning in about a month. So, I am taking some wheat and more peas out and adding some more maize. Not a lot more maize, they must be lean and fit and athletic to fly 65 miles very fast and trap like lightning.
The club boys had a race from the liberation point today, as a Melbourne fed raced from there today and they were offered a latter liberation. My good mate David had some in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
These things of mine fly that every day, usually in one spell, and are trapping beautifully. So I just need to give them a lot of very short tosses to make them 'jump and run' when they are released.
The feed looks very strange when compared to what we used to give them. The first impression is that it is mostly Safflower. It isn't, but with so few peas the feed looks very pale.
I am down to about 10% peas now, and by race time it will be about 5%.
Some one said to me that I had a good chance of winning a race if the wind was in my favour. I looked at him dead pan and told him I intend to win them all. :lol:
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Good luck with your season Murray.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Murray wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:05 am That Irish Ruby mix looks terrific, but I would be too scared to feed it to mine.
I am just starting to train the champions up for the series beginning in about a month. So, I am taking some wheat and more peas out and adding some more maize. Not a lot more maize, they must be lean and fit and athletic to fly 65 miles very fast and trap like lightning.
The club boys had a race from the liberation point today, as a Melbourne fed raced from there today and they were offered a latter liberation. My good mate David had some in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
These things of mine fly that every day, usually in one spell, and are trapping beautifully. So I just need to give them a lot of very short tosses to make them 'jump and run' when they are released.
The feed looks very strange when compared to what we used to give them. The first impression is that it is mostly Safflower. It isn't, but with so few peas the feed looks very pale.
I am down to about 10% peas now, and by race time it will be about 5%.
Some one said to me that I had a good chance of winning a race if the wind was in my favour. I looked at him dead pan and told him I intend to win them all. :lol:
Have to agree Murray the same mix in my seed place always stands out, good luck with your racing mate
Murray

Thanks Buster, I am very pleased with where we are at today, but that can change in a moment.
When they start tossing regularly the hawks will start paying attention, :twisted: there's Rota virus about again, :evil: and a lot of them simply will not be good enough.
But we have to remain positive and dot all the I's and cross all the T's as much as we can.
It's all we can do. :)
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.