Barcelona international

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

killer wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:12 am Andy of the 17000 odd sent how many home, also how many did not clock ,
It’s a bit difficult to say. There were 3,271 birds recorded in the international result from Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Luxembourg and the U.K. From what I here the Dutch had the best returns but I think they have the advantage of both being on the direct line that the bulk of the birds would be heading and relatively flat ground. In the UK 221 birds were sent from 54 members. 30 pigeons have been recorded over the 5 days from 14 members. So 40 members haven’t seen a pigeon yet.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
killer

Thanks Andy , how many did mark Gilbert send,
Andy

killer wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:20 am Thanks Andy , how many did mark Gilbert send,
I don’t know. He got 3 back. I should be able to let you know when the full result is published. The Preece family got 9, I think they sent 24.
Andy

35 back now in the U.K. with another 3 timed today, all for the Preece family. Giving them 12 birds back. A great team performance from them.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:08 pm 35 back now in the U.K. with another 3 timed today, all for the Preece family. Giving them 12 birds back. A great team performance from them.
Well done indeed
killer

Thanks again Andy ,
Murray

That's not my sort of game, I am afraid.
I am too soft. :shock: I like them home in their box. :lol:
Greetings from the land down under. :D
killer

Murray the further they fly the harder the task ,my question is haven’t you guys over there got liberatin proticoll ,
Andy

killer wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:17 am Murray the further they fly the harder the task ,my question is haven’t you guys over there got liberatin proticoll ,
Sorry Killer I don’t understand your question. If your talking about the liberation this is decided by the Belgians in the Internationals as it is them that run it. The birds from the UK are marked here for the BICC. They are then transported to Belgium where they are marked again and rubbered then put onto Belgium transporters.
A further 3 UK birds were recorded today, day 7. These included the furthest recorded pigeon in the international. Mr P.Hodson winning 1st NW section, 33rd open flying 849 miles timed at 6.45am. This pigeon actually beats the 3 birds timed by G M Preece yesterday because of flying nearly 200 miles further. I know some won’t consider this racing but it’s the courage that these birds show that I admire.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:14 pm
killer wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:17 am Murray the further they fly the harder the task ,my question is haven’t you guys over there got liberatin proticoll ,
Sorry Killer I don’t understand your question. If your talking about the liberation this is decided by the Belgians in the Internationals as it is them that run it. The birds from the UK are marked here for the BICC. They are then transported to Belgium where they are marked again and rubbered then put onto Belgium transporters.
A further 3 UK birds were recorded today, day 7. These included the furthest recorded pigeon in the international. Mr P.Hodson winning 1st NW section, 33rd open flying 849 miles timed at 6.45am. This pigeon actually beats the 3 birds timed by G M Preece yesterday because of flying nearly 200 miles further. I know some won’t consider this racing but it’s the courage that these birds show that I admire.
Seen that one Andy a very hard time for it 7 days a great bird as well and well deserved place in history