Wakefield national

Post all your results here for others to see.
Andy

Well not sure that that was such a wise move to have switched routes 🤔🤔. It certainly is testing them. I’m not worried or even expecting to be anywhere in these short races as our goal is for the distance races and they are in big races with birds going always.
I had decided to go North to Wakefield with the CSCFC & BBC 185 miles instead of Guernsey with the BICC 107 miles. The forecast was for good weather all round with a predominantly North wind varying from a bit of Easterly or Westerly influence. So instead of the last 3 races I have had that have been into a headwind, and would have been from Guernsey, this week they were going to get tailwind. I sent 9 pigeons. 3 had flown north last year in a youngbird race and had also flown Guernsey this year. 2 had flown Guernsey twice this year, 3 had flown Guernsey once this and the other one was having his first race. They were liberated at 7.30 am.
The drag was going to take them over to the East especially with a bit of West in the wind. The winners were around the Reading and London area with a lot of the early ones being down Portsmouth way doing in the 1700’s. I eventually got one at 12.46. It was the grizzle cock from Trev who had previously gone to the north road youngbird race last year and I had picked up after being reported in Portsmouth. He had then flown Guernsey 3 weeks ago coming next day. He was doing 1027ypm and is provisionally 14th section 103rd open BBC and 29th section 144th open CSCFC. He was the only bird I got yesterday. I have had the little bow legged blue hen from Potter drop in at 7.19am this morning. She had previously been our second bird from the first Guernsey and first bird from the second. She has got a bit of a greasy wattle so whatever she stopped to drink can’t have been the best. There were very few birds sent from anywhere near to around me so they had no help in getting over this way. Hopefully I will get some more today. Then I’ll have to see what to do next.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Well done Andy, always hard when switching did they have any north road training or just put straight in to race, hope the rest turn in safely, I would put something in the water to help get rid of the grease and in case it still in her, a bit of pot permang would be good if you have any
killer

Keep trying mate
Trev

Well done Andy, pleased you got a couple home, hopefully a few more will make their back 🤞 It is a shame you chose this week to switch as for once the conditions were really in your favour from Guernsey.
I think most south road distance fliers are between a rock and a hard place at the moment until they get this fiasco sorted, I feel for the fliers in the Midlands as without channel racing they are screwed both North and South !!!
Our club is having a vote next week on turning North for youngsters, I hope they do as I really think the North Road is by far the best option for the foreseeable future.
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:08 pm Well done Andy, always hard when switching did they have any north road training or just put straight in to race, hope the rest turn in safely, I would put something in the water to help get rid of the grease and in case it still in her, a bit of pot permang would be good if you have any
No more home today. No they didn’t have any training from either direction. They had all been trained North as youngsters last year. My losses have been quite high and a bit disappointing but I also think that to have birds good enough for the distance they need to be tested beforehand. I might be losing birds that I really shouldn’t be losing but I also don’t think keeping birds that aren’t tested isn’t a good thing either. If I had raced more at shorter races or as youngsters a lot may well have been lost before now. I don’t see the fun nowadays in having a loft full of pigeons that come regularly from 100/150 miles flying into a narrow corridor. I would be happier having just a few birds that have been well tested and come through it.
Buster121

I have to agree with your statement mate, maybe just a couple of refreshers before the swith to help them along a bit, hope they come over next couple days the rain wont help at present either
Andy

I had another one back from this race first thing this morning. He is a bit thin but otherwise ok. He is out of a cock from Dev and a hen from Pete. These 2 were my first and third birds from Poitiers 343 miles as yearlings.
I also had back this afternoon a clock from the second Guernsey on the 7th May. He was having his first race and again a bit thin. He is out of a cock from John & Ben and a hen from Dev.
Buster121

Good to see mate

what time was the second one doing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:56 am Good to see mate

Predicted text lol. 😂😂🤣
Buster121

Andy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:32 am
Buster121 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:56 am Good to see mate

Predicted text lol. 😂😂🤣
:D :D :D