Not so good today

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Andy

Trev wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:56 pm Sorry to hear you lost your little hen from last week Andy, what a choker for you 😒😣
Great to hear you have had a couple of others turn though bruv, it's good to know that some are still around and trying to get home.
The message on the RPRA does state that a vet doesn't need to be carried out prior to racing but will need to be carried out with a time not yet specified by defra, this should also be confirmed on the 24th May. We had a message from our club Secretary yesterday sharing the RPRA post and a link to the Vets who are prepared to participate in this and their costs, now most of our members seem to be looking to go with Vet from down your way (Dave Parsons) and it seems that the BICC are promoting him too !!! It is suggested that a more local vets could carry out the loft visits and if several members get together for a visit on the same day the costs can be shared. The trouble I'm having is that the link for online registration only seems to be working on desk top computers and being as I don't have one I can't register 😡😡😣
You could also send send of your birds in the Guernsey any age races later in the year Andy !!!
I know it doesn’t say yet that a vet visit is needed before flying the channel but it does say that the time scale will be announced by DEFRA when the registration goes live on the 24th. I wouldn’t mind betting that they say that it needs to be done before sending pigeons over the channel. Dave Parsons is a pigeon man, but still a vet and has to cover all his costs. He is quite local to me, about half an hour away, and will probably do the majority down this way.
I won’t be registering at this stage and as you say I can still send to any Guernsey’s.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.