Oakhampton South Raod federation

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

We have an Amalgamation race on today with the Three Boarders and Kent Premier Federations, race point Oakhampton. I have the same 20 birds away that have had the last two races, our club sent 280 birds. I've been looking forward to this with it being a bit further and the drag being better spread hopefully pulling the birds up off the coast.
However I have heard this morning that at 5.15am the birds were moved off the site due to there being some Fen Walk arranged :( :( (how the powers that be didn't know this before hand I really don't know) :x :x so the birds were brought back 18miles to Exeter and have been liberated at 8.30 in a light North West wind.
To get amongst the leaders a reckon I need one in around 3hrs.
Buster121

Good luck mate
killer

Best of luck also,
Trev

Had a nice morning waiting for birds as our Mum walked round for a cuppa and our daughter arrived too with one of our grandaughters, so we were all sitting in the garden watching the skies. Just after my estimated arrival time my first bird came gliding in from the west he circled the garden and went out of sight when another arrived and went straight through the trap recording a time of 3hrs, 6mins, 58secs, a couple of minutes later the first bird turned up again and this time landed and went straight in. I had 9 of 20 entries in fairly quick succession but then had a wait of over an hour before any more arrived, at close of play I had 17/20 home. All of the 3 missing birds have flown further and in fact one of them has been one of my most consistent birds over the last 3 seasons so I'm hoping they turn up today.
Our club was again won by Mr and Mrs May and son who as last week took the first 6 places with the winning bird doing just over 1500ypm, again I was some way down the sheet doing just over 1290ypm. Out of the 16 members who sent I was the 11th to clock.
Onwards and upwards 👍😀
Andy

Well done Trev. It’s a bit different racing in the Littlehampton club compared to Worthing. A good bit of competition and your not ideally situated when they come along the coast. Your in among the other club members so you should be happy with that and your returns are good.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Well done Trev, good returns and you are on the sheet.
They will improve more with racing.
Very encouraging.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Well done Trev good returns as well hope others get home safely
Pete.dav

Well done Trev
Trev

Thanks all, unfortunately I haven't seen the missing birds. Two were only yearlings but were at the race point the week before but the biggest upset is my 3 year old as he was my most consistent pigeon taking several firsts in the Worthing club and has flown much further on several occasions.
Buster121

Trev wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:53 pm Thanks all, unfortunately I haven't seen the missing birds. Two were only yearlings but were at the race point the week before but the biggest upset is my 3 year old as he was my most consistent pigeon taking several firsts in the Worthing club and has flown much further on several occasions.
Shame mate